chapter 40 - If this is what he wants and it's what she wants...

Start from the beginning

I nodded my head then retreated back to my room.

“And hurry up! We’re leaving soon!” Vic called up the stairs

“Okay!” I called back before going to my closet.

I looked through all my t-shirts until I found my We Are The In Crowd Crumb Life shirt. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans that didn’t have holes in the knees and then slipped on my Tay Bomber jacket over the shirt. I pulled on my Vans and then made sure my makeup was perfect before going down stairs and into the kitchen.

“I need food.” I said opening the fridge

“We’ll eat there.” Mike said

“But I’m hungry now!” I said stomping my foot, imitating a child.

“Come on, kiddo. Let’s go meet your father.”

“You know, suddenly I’m not so hungry.” I said following Mike out of the house and to the car.

The ride to their parents’ house was short so I didn’t really have time to be less nervous. I wasn’t sure why I was so nervous. I think I was scared of being rejected. It kind of felt like maybe this man was my last chance at having a good father figure in my life.

Honestly, to say I was nervous was a huge understatement.

Just as we walked through the front door of their parents’ house my phone started blaring out Death Valley by Fall Out Boy. My eyes widened and I said,

‘’I’m so sorry but I have to take this”

I answered my phone with a confident ‘hello’.

“Hi, is this Alexandra Fuentes?”

“It is indeed. What can I do for you?” I said stepping out into the front yard.

“It’s Macy, from Hot Topic. I just wanted to call you to tell you that we are so sorry for taking so long to get back to you. We were having… uh… Staff difficulties. Anyways, we just wanted to call to let you know that you got the job. Would you be able to start on Tuesday?”

“Of course!” I said happily, “What time?”

“You’ll be starting at noon.  Does that work for you?”

“Absolutely!”

“Okay! And it doesn’t matter what you where, as long as its full coverage. And we totally except crop tops. Just thought I’d throw that in there.”

“Thank you so much, Macy. I will be there for noon on Tuesday.” I said with a smile

“Okay, we will see you then.”

That was soon followed with goodbyes and I hung up.

I stared at the front door, took a deep breath and went inside.

This was it… This was my last chance at possibly having a father figure in my life.

Vic and Mike looked at me questioningly.

“Sorry about that. It was Hot Topic.”

“Did you get the job?” Mike asked excitedly

I nodded my head feeling a bit nauseous.

“Andy, that’s awesome!” Vic said.

“Yeah. Uh, where are your parents?” I asked noticing that it was just Vic, Mike and I in the living room.

“They’re in the kitchen.” Mike said before standing.

They lead me into the kitchen and I saw their parents standing beside the island in the centre of the kitchen.

They greeted one another with hugs before Vic slung his arm around my shoulder and said,

“This is Alexandra.”

“Is she your girlfriend, Victor?” his mother asked making me laugh.

“What? No! Mama! She’s our little sister! Mike told you we were bringing her.”

“I know, dear. I’m teasing.”

She came over to me and hugged me.

I accidently tensed when her arms went around me.

I noticed that I’d tensed up and relaxed, hugging her back.

“Welcome to the family.” She said looking at me.

“You resemble your father. You have the same eyes.” I smiled and looked at my… father.

“She’s right. You look a lot like your mother as well.” He said.

“Thank you.” I said with a small smile.

“So, shall we eat, then?” The boys’ mother said.

---

A few hours later we were all sitting in the living room with a drink in hand. Vic, Mike, our father and I were drinking coffee and their mother was drinking tea.

“So, Alexandra, why don’t you tell us a bit about yourself?” their mother said.

“What do you want to know?” I asked.

“What was your life like, growing up?”

“Honestly? It kind of sucked.”

She gave me a questioning look and I said,

“My step dad was abusive.”

“I’m so sorry to hear that.”

“It’s all good now. I got away from him when I turned 19. That was also when these 2 found me.”

“What did you do when these 2 found you?”

“I passed out.” I said laughing. Everyone laughed with me and I said,

“I’m actually so glad they found me though. I think I needed to get away from New York.”

The conversation dragged on from there and about an hour later we left.