Chapter 15

So close. I'm so close. He's so close.  So close that I could feel his heart beating, or it could have been mine, it was hard to concentrate on anything but him.  I wasn't sure on how to feel about all this, I had mixed feelings, I felt confused, I thought I was still mad at him.

I looked up at him but for once he couldn't keep the eye contact, darting his eyes away from me as his face began to get the slightest color of red.  None of us said anything, what could we say? Everything felt odd.  We both just silently stood there, neither of us moving.

"My apologizes."     Tom mutters under his breath.  "For lying. I didn't know how to tell you. I wasn't trying to kill you."              I stay silent. Thinking carefully of my words. 

"Can you take me to Madame Pomfrey?" I finally spit out, looking up at him.                He stepped back, staring at me confused.                  "I think I have the flu."       I say almost apologetically.        

He looked almost disgusted for moment, but eventually nodded, opening the door to leave.

We're silent on the way to the hospital wing. Neither of us willing to talk about it. 

We continue this way as we wait for Madame to show up. I seat myself on one of the beds in the completely empty room as Tom watched from Madame's desk. 

"You know.."   I say, filling the silence.   "You might get sick because of me."             "No, I don't get sick."          I scoff at his response, rolling my eyes.     "Sure you don't."  

Madame Pomfrey shows up a few minutes later. 

"Oh hello again dear, what seems to be the problem?"    "She has the flu."   Tom answers before I even manage to open my mouth.          "Oh dear, well it isn't something I can't help."     She gives me a comforting smile before asking me a few questions. Tom actually lets me answer then this time.

We leave half an hour later with the advice to get rest and drink more fluids.  Tom takes me back to my room before leaving.                     I find it easier to fall asleep this time.