Chapter 63

*(Y/N) POV*

As soon as we were dismissed for class, I stood and left.

I didn't want to spend another second with Tom.

The audacity he has saying "Good morning" after not speaking to me for weeks.

I'd rather him just ignore me, treat me the same way he did when we didn't know each other then begin to talk with me again.

As I exited the classroom, I made my way to The Great Hall, and just as we had planned, I caught Henry at the entrance of the doorway, waiting for me.

"Hey."

-I say as I get to him, letting him turn around to see me.

"Hey!"

-He exclaims, coming in for a hug as he continues to talk.

"How was the first day back to class?"

-He asks, letting go as we start walking into The Great Hall.

"It was fine. Tom tried to talk with me during History, we still have seats together so I don't think I can escape it."

Henry rolls his eyes at my response, guiding me to a seat at the Gryffindor table before talking.

"It's amusing how desperate he is for your attention, it really is."

"I don't know."

-I say as I look down at the food in front of me.

"Do you think he already knows about us?"

-I ask, looking back up to Henry.

He laughed before responding.

"It would take a fool not to notice we're together."

I smiled along at his little joke before we began to eat.

I sat silently next to Henry, watching everyone eat and enjoy their food as he talked with his little group of friends about Quidditch and whatnot.

I would have joined in on their conversation but I barely know a thing about the sport.

I watched students running in and out of The Great Hall doors, and only then at that time, I saw Tom enter the room.

Though it was a bit weird.

He joined in for lunch much later than students usually do.

And what was even odder was the fact that he didn't find a seat to sit at as he entered the room, he just stared down the tables.

I continued to watch him as he thoroughly looked down at the Slytherin table, watching it so carefully as if he were looking for something.

His eyes then quickly turned to my table, instantly making eye contact with me.

I felt startled as he so quickly turned in my direction.

I didn't turn my gaze right away, I stared back at him as he did for me.

It's a weird feeling I felt at this moment, almost as if I were excited.

I hadn't realized how long it had been since I last looked him in the eyes till now.

His emotions were difficult and hard to read with his blank expressions.

I didn't want to be the first one to break the eye contact, the first to look away, but I had to once I felt a tug at my shoulder.

"Yes?"

-I asked as I looked at Henry.

He was standing up from the benches, along with his friends.

"I'm gone for Quidditch practice. I'll meet you later, yeah?"

-He says, slightly walking away but still staring at me, impatient for my answer.

"Yeah, see you later."

-I respond before he gives me a quick peck on the cheek, leaving quickly with his friends.

I watched them leave before my eyes quickly scan for Tom, but I couldn't find him.

He was gone.

{Hey guys, you probably didn't enjoy this chapter but I understand why and I'm sorry}

{Just to clarify, Henry and (Y/N) are together now, they got together during the rest of the Winter break, a few days after (Y/N) and Tom broke up because Henry comforted (Y/N) during that blah blah blah}

{But I decided to spare you guys and not waste a chapter writing that}

{So just don't hate me, I promise it'll get better soon}

{Here's a question: What are three interesting facts about yourself?}

{Mine: 1. I can fix the Rubik's cube in 40 seconds, 2. Since the beginning of quarantine, I've done roughly 35 , 1000 piece puzzles, 3. I've had roughly 24 pets (in total)}

{Anyways, I hope you have a good day/evening/night and stay safe}