Chapter 61

*(Y/N) POV*

I sat alone at the Slytherin table as I ate.

It wasn't a wonder why there was close to no one in The Great Hall considering it was well after breakfast, closer to lunch if anything.

Though I didn't mind sitting alone, it just felt odd now.

I sat slumped over at the table as I lazily twirled a fork around between fingers, occasionally having it slip out from my fingers before I picked it up again.

What could Tom possibly have to say to me?

I thought to myself as my mind kept running back to the note he stuck on my door.

Perhaps he just wanted to continue going on about what I was doing yesterday and how he was in the right.

He's too proud and stubborn to a fault, it's the worst mix for a person to have.

My fork was loud as it hit the table, slipping through my fingers once again,

Though this time I didn't pick it back up.

I stared at it for a minute as it laid on the table before I pushed myself away from the table, ready to leave, standing up as I looked around.

At the main entrance of The Great Hall stood Tom.

Our eyes met as we made eye contact, neither of us saying nor doing anything for a few brief moments before I turned and began quickly walking the opposite direction.

His fast footsteps didn't hesitate to follow behind.

Had he really nothing better to do than follow me all day?

I quickly made my way to the halls, not quite sure where I was headed to but it didn't matter, I just wanted to get away from him.

"I don't want to talk, Tom."

-I called out, hearing his footsteps get closer by the second.

"I do."

-He responds, his voice much closer than I imagined he was.

Grabbing my shoulder from behind, he pulled me back, forcing me to stop as he held me against a wall, standing in front of me so I couldn't leave.

"Get out of my way."

-I gritted my teeth at him, trying to create as much distance from each other as I possibly could.

"I have to talk with you. Just let me speak."

-He says, his body uncomfortably close to mine.

I didn't respond to him, yet he kept talking.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did."

I scoffed at his response, folding my arms into each other, tightly close to my chest.

"Everything you said about me is true...And I'm sorry. It wasn't fair to you."

I stared hard into his eyes, trying to spot a lie in his words, though there wasn't one.

He was telling the truth.

"Tom, you-"

"And I know it'll only get worse from here."

-He cut me off.

"So it's for the best when I say we should no longer see one another."

His eyes didn't meet mine as he finished his sentence, leaving me without words.

I don't know how to feel.

I feel shocked.

I feel irritated.

I feel mad.

I feel upset.

"I'm sorry."

-He sort of mumbled as if only he was supposed to hear that.

It didn't take me too long to gather up all my thoughts, and when it did, it came out as a shove.

I shoved Tom away from me.

His eyes still refused to meet mine as I quickly walked off.

Though this time he didn't follow behind.

He let me run away.

~Hey, This was an interesting chapter~

~I sort of should have specified this before I didn't really want to give away what would happen in this chapter, but for some fillers and whatnot if you have any that you'd like to see that lines up with (Y/N) and Tom being broken up, (for example: they're forced to be seated with each other for class) I'd love to see them~

~Here's a question: What 5 features ( personality or physical ) do you find most attractive?~

~Mine would probably be 1. Sarcasm, 2. smarts, 3. introverted, 4. similar sense of humour (typically dark), 5. and somewhat clingy~

~I made an impulse decision and Bought "How The King Of Elfhame Learned To Hate Stories", help ~