Chapter 8

*TOM RIDDLE POV*

Just as I entered the Hospital Wing, Madame Pomfrey almost rammed into me.  "Oh my! Oh good it's you, would you mind just watching her for a minute? I won't be long."  Madame Pomfrey quickly said as she rushed off somewhere else before I could answer.  I glanced in at (Y/N) from the door windows before looking back at the hallway, making sure no one was watching. When I was sure there wasn't anyone, I walked in, placing her dry set of clothes on the empty bed next to hers and sitting on a chair next to her. I watched her for a while, her breathing was more steady now than before which made me feel a little reassured.

I shouldn't be here. Where is Madame Pomfrey? I don't want to be here. 

(Y/N) made a small cough. I stared in her direction. As she coughed more and more, she slowly began to regain her consciousness and "come to". She coughed some more as she opened her eyes and looked around the room. Her eyebrows furrowed as she saw me and said- "What are you doing here?" In a sort of raspy voice between coughs.   I don't want to answer her. "Madame Pomfrey asked me to watch you."                             "Oh..., why am I here?" She said, confused as she looked around some more than at herself. A wave of relief came over me as I realized that she didn't remember what I had done to her. You almost killed her. She almost died and only you know.      "You fell in a lake outside."                                      "Oh, I don't think...I remember that." She replies confused.      I shouldn't be here.

"Yes well, I got you a pair of dry clothes so you're welcome."   I said as I pointed to the clothes.   "Oh.. thank you."  She said as she glanced at the clothes. She looked around the room for a bit, then at me again.

I need to leave.

*(Y/N) POV*

Madame Pomfrey came in through the doors a short while after I had woken.  "Well, I suppose by the look of you, you're fine at the moment but just remember if you begin to feel nauseous or dizzy, drink some green tea, it will help get rid of water in the lungs as well."  I remember her saying. 

Tom left as soon as she entered. He seemed in a rush to leave. Why did he stay? 

I left the hospital wing as soon as Madame let me.

As I got to my door, I piled all the wet clothes in one hand and used the other one to reach out and turn the doorknob. As I pulled the doorknob, to my surprise it didn't open, It was locked. At first I didn't believe it was locked, I just thought I wasn't trying hard enough but soon enough I did realize it was locked. I was confused as to why it was locked, I certainly don't remember locking it. I always either forgot to or didn't think that anyone would actually go in. I had no way of opening it since I didn't have my wand on me. I didn't know what to do, the only things I could think of was either try to break the door open, or wait for a student to walk in then ask for their help.

I thought for a bit then decided to go wait for someone to walk in since I definitely couldn't break the door open. I don't bother to try. I walked back down and sat on one of the couches and placed my wet clothes on the floor in front of me. I sat up and glanced around the room for a bit but after a while began to feel tiresome and dull.

I stared down at the fireplace and laid my head down on the arm of the couch, with my legs curled up behind me. I glanced back up at the doors to the common room for a minute before staring back down at the fire.As I stared longer at the fire, I began to start feeling drowsy and quite drained. Even though it made me feel this way, I couldn't help but continue to stare at it, and slowly but surely I fell asleep on the arm of the couch.