Chapter 1 {The Beginning}

Almost everything was packed up and ready to go.

"Oh good, you're already up. C'mon get dressed so you can eat, don't want to be hungry on your first day of your 6th year now do you?" My mother states as she tries to barge into the room.

My luggage, placed in front of the door, stops her from fully entering the room.

She grins widely at me in excitement.

"I'll be down soon." I reply, giving her a soft smile.

She gives me a little wink before closing the door again.

|

|

"So darling, are you sure you have everything packed?" Asks my father, staring at the big train parked in front of us.

"Yes, I'm quite sure I have everything."

"Remember to make a few friends here and there. You don't want to be lonely all year, but also remember not to get too distracted from your studies." My father states.

I nod in response.

"Would you like something more to eat? Maybe to snack on for later?" My mother asks as we walk closer alongside the train.

"I'm quite alright."

"Are you sure? The train ride is going to be especially long."

"Yes, don't worry I'm just nervous is all."

"Right well, I suppose you should be bordering and getting yourself settled now, if you want to get the best seats especially."

I say my goodbye's to them both before stepping onto the train. As soon as I walked in, I could see all the seats in my view were taken.  "Right." I whisper to myself as I start to walk down the aisle, looking for an empty train cart.

As I continue walking almost to the end of the train, I spot a cart. It was nearly empty, just a single student sitting, writing or reading in his book. I recognized him almost immediately.

It was Tom Riddle. I stood outside of the cart, debating whether or not I should go in. We've known each other since year 1 but we've never talked much to one another unless it was him yelling at me. He was openly known as a student you'd be better off not talking too.

If I go , what are the chances he would curse me? He wouldn't do that , would he? I am a Slytherin and a pureblood much less, so I'm not too sure he would curse me. I suppose the worst possible thing he would do is just yell at me?

Finally I give in and open the door to the cart.  His head darts straight up at me as soon as I walk in, slamming his book shut. "What do you want." He says coldly.

"I don't mean to bother you Tom, but do you mind if I-"               "No."  He cuts me off, not bothering to let me finish. 

"No but you don't understand, I'm not sure there is even anywhere else to sit and-"

"I said no, now get out."         "I- ok.''  I take a deep breath so I don't let my emotions get the best of me.

I walk out, closing the door behind me.  As I get to the last cast door in the train, I close my eyes, praying that it's empty.   I open my eyes to see a boy in the cart facing the window.

Ok well, it wouldn't hurt to try and ask I suppose.   I take a deep breath as I enter the cart. I look down, not making eye contact as I speak-    "Good morning, is it ok if I sit here?"   I hold my breath, waiting for an answer with one of my hands still on the door knob ready to leave.

"Sure. I'm Henry Williams, pleasure to meet you." I looked up at him surprised, yet relieved.  He smiled at me and held his hand out for me to shake.  His smile was kind.

"I-  thank you. I'm (Y/N) (L/N)."  I shook his hand and smiled back.      "Well, you should probably sit down. I believe the train is going to start soon-"   He was cut off by the train's loud air whistle.

Quickly, I sit down on the seat opposite from him, tucking my luggage under the bench with my leg.  I feel the train begin to move a few minutes after. 

{Wooo first chapter, I'm writing this a couple of  months after I've finished this book, I get nostalgic from reading this, hope you enjoy it!}