Chapter Rewrite

We've been dating for 6-months now." Ace mentioned, laying on the bed beside me, running his fingers through my hair, and resting his hand against my thigh, "We should think about taking our relationship to the next level."

"Next level?" I repeated, clearing my throat, resting against Ace's shoulder, and my finger freezing in place from tracing circles against his chest, "You mean..."

"Sex? Yes." Ace snickered, amusement-flashing into his eyes upon seeing my reaction, wrapping his arm around me, and smirking, "Relax. I said we should think about it, not actually do it. Unless..."

"Shuddup." I giggled, playfully-smacking him against his chest, and laying back down against his chest.

"All kidding aside, we'll wait until we're both ready." Ace smiled, resting his chin on top of my head, and tugging me close to his chest.

(****************************************************************************)

1 Week Later

"Hey, Boys." a female-bartender greeted, standing behind the bar-counter, grinning-widely as we walked into the bar, and setting out empty-mugs onto the counter, "Haven't seen your ugly-mugs around here for a while."

"You know we couldn't stay away from our favorite lady, Dot." Thatch grinned, stepping towards the counter, sliding onto a bar-stool, resting his elbows against the counter, and staring at her.

"Still ain't gonna work." Dot bantered, filling up the empty-mugs with beers, passing them to the crew, flickering her eyes around the room, noticing me sitting beside Ace, and curiosity-glimmered into her eyes, "Who's this cutie?"

"This is my girlfriend, Ivy." Ace introduced, sliding an arm around my shoulder, sitting beside me, kissing me on the lips, breaking the kiss, and smirking-smugly, "Isn't she the cutest? The usual for everybody except she'll have a can of Pepsi."

"What did I tell you about PDA?" I hissed, smiling-sweetly, moving his arm off me, and turning towards Dot, "She'll have a beer."

"Feisty. I like her." Dot smirked, filling a mug of beer, sliding it across towards me, and amusement-flickered in her eyes, "1 beer coming right up."

"Let's leave the girls to their girl-time." Thatch suggested, seeing Ace opening his mouth, tugging him away, bringing Ace with him to a table with Marco, and lowering his voice, "Relax. Your girlfriend can handle 1 drink."

2-Hours Later

"Let me get this straight," Dot repeated, resting her elbow against the counter, filling up my mug for the 4th-time, and raising an eyebrow in disbelief, "You and Ace have been dating for 6-months and you two haven't had sex?"

"Shushhh." I slurred, taking a swig of beer, placing my finger against my lip, and a red-hue dusted my cheeks, "No. We haven't."

"What's stopping you?" Dot inquired, wiping a glass with a towel, and nodding her head towards Ace, "He's a fine piece of eye-candy."

"I know that." I intoned, taking a swig from the mug, rolling my eyes, and staring down into the cup, "I just don't think relationships need to be...physical."

"You're joking, right?" Dot scoffed, setting down a clean mug, raising an eyebrow at me, and pouring me another beer, "It's a natural part of a relationship."

"Really?" I quizzed, scrunching my eyebrows together in confusion, taking a swig of my beer, and frowning in concentration.

"Yeah." Dot replied, smiling-softly, nodding her head, and drying another mug, "It makes you closer to each other."