Curse Of The Desert Sun ⚜ Ch. 3

Aten sat in the common area with his friends, catching up after the summer.

"And then we went to Switzerland," Octavian was saying. "Got a truck load of chocolate. Here, want some?"

Ryuu grinned. "Pass it here."

The prince stared into the fireplace, only half engaged.

"Hey, Aten, want some?" 

He looked over, the sickly sweet scent of the candy overwhelming him. Which was unfortunate, given how he loved chocolate usually. He shook his head. "I'm alright, thanks."

"No? Since when do you turn down chocolate?" Octavian questioned. 

"Yeah, you've been weird since coming back. Did something happen between you and Okoye?" Ryuu asked.

"No, no. Nothing like that," he said. "I'm just not really myself lately."

"We noticed." Squinting at him for a moment, Octavian shook the candy bar at him. "Hey, you're not a werewolf now, are you? Dogs don't eat chocolate..."

Aten snickered with Ryuu. "Me? A werewolf? I'm from Egypt, remember? What would I be, a were-jackal?"

Octavian bit off a piece and chewed thoughtfully. "Hm. What about a vampire then? You prefer blood to chocolate now?"

The prince smirked. "Really? Don't you think I would have burned up by now if that were the case?"

His friend shrugged. "Oh well. I gave it a shot."

Ryuu rolled his eyes. "You read too much."

"Yes. You'll start getting all kinds of crazy ideas," Aten said. He smiled, though his eyes betrayed his secret.