His Favourite Muse ⚜ Ch. 3

Well, it had happened. He actually accepted. 

Jeong-wu arranged an outdoor sketching that subtly doubled as a lunch date. He wanted everything to be perfect when he came, trying and failing to not stress over every detail. He chose the perfect spot in the garden that had the best lighting, and when the day arrived, made sure there was enough food but not too much. 

Waiting for his prince, his heart pounded. What if he didn't like it? What if he thought he was just some desperate kid? Was he? Seeing him enter the garden, he tried to push away these thoughts. 

Minato approached the table and bowed to him. "Good morning."

He bowed, resisting the urge to kiss his hand. "Good morning, my Prince. I hope this spot is acceptable."

Minato looked around and smiled. "This is a beautiful spot. I love the cherry trees."

He smiled in relief. "I thought you might. I uh, had some food prepared, if you want any."

The prince nodded. "Thank you. Maybe afterward? I don't want to get crumbs on my jacket."

Jeong-wu chuckled and went to sit down. "Alright."

"Where's your easel?" Minato asked.

"Oh yes, today I'll just be getting a few good sketches. I'll put that to paint later where I can have access to all of my best tools," he explained. 

"Oh alright. So, where do you want me?"

He considered for a moment, standing to check the lighting further. Going up to him he asked, "May I?"

Minato nodded, letting Jenny-wu gently move him into the right position in the chair.

"There, I think the light will be most flattering for you this way," he said, sitting down and picking up his sketch book.

He chuckled. "I hope so."

Taking his sketching pencil, he took a deep breath, about to do what he'd dreamt of for since her first laid eyes on this handsome prince. As he sketched, he memorized every curve of his face, the way the light played off his cheeks, brightened his beautiful, soulful eyes. He memorized the colour palette he would use, writing the paint numbers into the book's margins. 

"Perfect, could I take just one more angle?" he asked after finishing the first sketch.

"Sure," he agreed, shifting a bit. 

He reached out and gently moved his head, brushing his fingers over his cheek. "There, perfect." Quickly he began another sketch, but was careful to make it absolutely perfect. As time went on, he sketched the way his prince daydreamed. A bird serenaded them for the last few minutes until he finished the second sketch. "Alright, that should do it."

The prince took a breath. "Alright then."

"Hopefully that wasn't too painful," Jeong-wu said.

He shook his head. "Not at all. It's nice to just... be every once in a while."

He smiled and carefully tucked his book into this bag to keep the precious sketches safe. "So, care for some tiny sandwiches?"

Minato chuckled. "Why not."

As he put some on a plate, Jeong-wu considered him. "So, what do you like to do?" he asked.

He met his eye for a moment. "I'm a singer and actor. That's how I managed to get into this school," he admitted.  

"You must be very talented then."

He shrugged. "Talented? Maybe not. But well practiced? Oh yes."

"I'm sure that's not true." He couldn't help it any longer. "Either way, you make a perfect model. Thank you for taking your time, my Prince."

Minato blushed and glanced away. "I should be thanking you for spending your time on me."

"Gladly," he smiled.