Champion ⚜ Ch. 1

Countess Laora Hoffman of Saarland of The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg Knight Academy, year three - 17✧❈✧

Knight Academy, year three - 17
✧❈✧

There were three things that Laora was most proud of - her title of Countess, her horses, and winning.

As she walked through the stable with her boyfriend, she was anxious to show them off again. "Here they are, Aldrick. Hello darlings." She scratched the nose of one and kissed it. "How's my blue ribbon stallion today? Did I tell you that we won the dressage competition in Prague? He performed so well."

Aldrick put an arm around her and nuzzled her temple. "I'm sure you did."

She giggled. They moved to the next stall and she untangled a piece of the gold horse's mane. "And here's my goldilocks. Can you believe she's won six trophies this past year and a half alone?"

He ran a hand through his hair. "Very impressive. So, about dinner tonight-"

Someone snickered behind them, and Laora turned to see a princess with her hand on her hip. "What?"

The royal smirked and shook her head. "Oh nothing. I guess it's just a bit sad that you need horsies and ribbons to prove your worth. But don't mind me." She sauntered away with her nose in the air, and Laora clenched her jaw.

"What's up with her?" Aldrick said. "Come on, let's go back to the common area."

She put on a smile. "Yes. Let's just pretend nothing happened." As they walked out of the stable, she held her head high and tried to ignore the sting.