The Commoner ⚜ Ch. 10

The final performance of the year was Le Corsaire, and it was incredible. There were enchanted sets and costumes (everyone's favourite part was the pirate scene). While Claire didn't get the lead, she still had a blast.

Once the curtain was dropped and the final bows made, she rushed down to see Danielle.

She was waiting towards the back with a row of other boyfriends all holding bouquets. Claire smiled to see that hers was the smallest.

"I never thought you'd remember that I love Forget Me Nots," she grinned, kissing her cheek.

"Of course I remembered," Danielle smiled. Looking around she asked, "Are your parents coming this time?"

She shook her head. "No, they just came to the early spring performance. They can only afford one trip a year. But I'm glad they got to meet my Princess Charming."

Danielle smiled and kissed her. "I'll hold on to these, you go get changed. Hurry!"

They grinned as she ran off to the lockers. When she returned, they went out through a different door than everyone else.

They headed towards a hill that overlooked Vanera. Finding the spot wasn't hard with a big glowing canvas set up at the base of the hill. 

"Do you think we'll be able to hear it from here?" Claire asked.

The princess grinned. "Don't you have this memorized by now?"

She playfully swatted her shoulder. "Be nice. You know I love to appreciate art."

Danielle laid out a blanket and they sat on it, a cool evening breeze blowing their way as the opening music for Snow White drifted up to them. "Do you think this Disney fellow will make any more of these movies?"

"I hope so," Claire replied, scooting closer to him.

From far back on the hill, it was a bit hard to hear the dialogue. After a while, Danielle started to ad lib.

"Gasp! What is that? Singing? In this kingdom?" he whispered dramatically. 

Claire giggled and got into it too. "If only someone would come along for me. Someone tall, dark, preferably attractive."

The princess looked over at her. "Would someone like me do?"

She pretended to think about it for a moment before taking her hand. "I think you'll do just perfectly."

Leaning close, she kissed her again. 

✧❈✧ 

Thank you for reading and voting on the twelfth installment of the Royal Academy Diaries series! 
Keep reading to find out what will happen when the circus and the Roma come to town.