Taken | part 3

When your eyes opened the next morning, you weren't in Justin's arms anymore. It felt weird and like somehow a part of you was missing since you had fallen asleep under his embrace. You reached out to try to grab him and pull him back to you but soon realized he wasn't even in the bed anymore.

Letting out a sigh, you sat up in bed and stretched before deciding to get dressed. You went back into your old room to get some clothes. After showering and changing into a pair of light blue jeans and a black v neck t-shirt, you slipped on your houseshoes and headed downstairs.

As you got closer to the first floor you started to smell food. You could smell waffles, bacon, eggs, and sausage being prepared, making you assume that Justin had called a chef to cook for him today like he did every once in a while. Either that or Hazel was somehow back and attempting to cook again. You knew that couldn't be the case, though, for two reasons. One of them being that she couldn't cook if her life depended on it.

When you entered the kitchen you were shocked by what you saw. You didn't see a professional chef at all, you saw Justin. He was standing over the stove so his back was facing you, meaning he didn't see you walk in. You stood on the opposite end of the island and watched him for a few minutes before you spoke.

"I didn't know you could cook." you said. Justin quickly turned around and gave you a small smile.

"You never asked, either." he told you, going back to what he was preparing on the stove. By the looks of it, he was almost done.

"I never saw you cook before so I just assumed that you couldn't... is there any special reason why you're cooking now?" you asked, making your way around the island as you did. You were now on the other side, behind Justin, leaning back against it as you watched him.

"You shouldn't assume stuff, babe.. and I just wanted to make you something to eat, that's all." he answered, never turning around. Your eyes widened for a second before going back to normal. You were surprised that Justin said he was cooking for you. You never even saw him cook for his wife so why was he doing it for you? It didn't really make sense to you but then again, nothing he's done since yesterday did.

"You never cooked for Hazel." you told him. He put eggs on the plates next to the stove that already had everything else on them, including fresh fruit, and turned the stove off. He turned around and came closer to you, not stopping until his body was almost touching yours.

"She wasn't special enough." he said. He looked into your eyes so you did the same to him. You searched his eyes for something. You weren't sure exactly what you were looking for. Maybe a sign of some sort or a reason for his strange behavior, but you didn't find anything. His eyes did nothing but draw you in and make it impossible for you to look away. They didn't reveal anything.

Justin finally broke his stare, making you look down at his chest to avoid getting trapped in his eyes again. He chuckled, probably at you, before placing his hand on your hip and kissing your cheek.

"C'mon, let's eat, babe." he said, turning around to grab both of your plates. Instead of putting them on the island like you expected, he led you over to the door that leads to the backyard.

"Y/n, before we go out here, I just want to warn you. Don't try to run. It won't turn out good if you do." he told you. His voice was firm, letting you know that he was serious. You nodded your head since he was now looking at you and he wore a pleased look on his face.

You put your hand on the door then looked back up at him for approval. He nodded his head so you slid the glass door open and stepped outside. The warm breeze hit your skin, making you close your eyes. It's been so long since you've been outside so it felt good to finally experience this again.