The Dancer (requested)

You were in this big room filled with dancers. There had to be at least one hundred of them and you knew they were all your competition. This was your biggest audition yet. You were fighting for a spot to be in Justin Bieber's music video.

This was a huge opportunity for anyone but you felt like it was even bigger for you. Since you were a plus sized dancer you always felt the need to prove yourself. You knew this was a chance to show the world that you and every other dancer that wasn't super thin could actually dance and deserved just as much exposure as the next dancer.

You were currently stretching to get ready to learn the routine from Justin's choreographer. You were all the way off to the side by the wall. You wanted to be in the front so you could actually be seen but when you got there the spots in the middle had been claimed. The choreographer and whoever else that would be watching you would have to turn their head a little to see you from the table that was set up but you didn't mind. You knew you'd make them look.

After the choreographer taught the group the routine, he made you run through it a few times. Well, way more than a few times. You'd actually done it so many times that you felt like you could do it in your sleep. You were extremely tired but you gave it your all every time.

So many people had been asked to leave. Either they couldn't get it right, they really couldn't dance or the choreographer had another reason for letting them go. There were only about twenty people left and you were one of them. You had made it through all the cuts. You were so close to becoming one of the chosen dancers. Your excitement was now starting to build up and overpower how tired you felt.

"Okay, guys. You all have made it very far so give yourselves a hand." the choreographer, whose name was Nick, said. Everyone in the room clapped and some even cheered.

"I know you're all tired as hell and I promise we're almost done. Someone else is going to join us for this round. He's the reason you're all here and he wanted to select the final group himself. Please welcome Justin Bieber!" he said. Everyone else in the room started clapping, but you just stood there. It didn't really register that Justin was actually there until he walked into the room. At that point you started to clap with everyone else.

Justin waved and started to look at everyone as he walked to the table he'd be sitting at. His eyes travelled down the line of dancers, but he only smiled once he looked at you. You smiled back at him and he looked down at the table as he sat down. If you didn't know any better you'd say you saw him blush but that couldn't be true. It must've been the lighting in the room.

"First of all, hey." Justin said. He paused and everyone else said hey back, making him laugh.

"I just want to say congratulations on making it this far. Unfortunately, I can't use everyone so I'm here to make sure that I get the perfect group. Don't be nervous, just do the best you can." he finished. Nick told everyone to spread out again, and you ended up back in your spot by the wall. He counted off and everyone started the routine, giving it their all.

As you were dancing, your eyes stayed on Justin as much as they could. You noticed when he leaned into Nick to say something and when he wrote on the papers in front of him. You even noticed when he looked at you, which was most of the time.

At first you thought that you were imagining things or he was really looking at someone else. That was before you realized that no one was really by you. You were slightly seperated from the group, off by the wall so he had be looking at you. This made you nervous, but you wouldn't show it. He winked at you, making you feel like you were going to mess up, but you quickly put your gaze on the mirror in front of you to get your mind off it. Getting a spot in the video was more important than him subtly flirting with you.

There were eleven dancers left now. The pressure was really on since you knew that they only needed ten dancers for the video. Nick had stopped everyone some time ago so they could discuss who would make it. As you waited, you felt nervous and scared. You were anxious to know if you made the cut. You wanted this so bad so if you didn't get it you knew you'd be really disappointed in yourself.

"Y/n? Justin would like to talk to you." you heard Nick say. You quickly closed your water bottle, grabbed your bag and stood up to walk over to him. When you made it, he looked up at you and smiled. You smiled back, but then you heard Nick congratulating the dancers behind you, and suddenly the smile felt forced.

"Hi y/n." Justin told you.

"Hi." you said. Your smile was fully gone now.

"Why do look so sad, beautiful? You should smile." he told you.

"With all due respect, if you're about to tell me I didn't make it I'd rather you just do that. Don't try to break it to me gently, I can handle it." you told him. He looked surprised that you had said that but his smile never left his face.

"Maybe I'm not about to tell you that." he said. You furrowed your eyebrows as you looked down at him, waiting for him to speak again.

"I saw you when I walked in, and I won't lie, you caught my eye. You're a beautiful girl.. but when you danced, it's like you took on a new beauty. The way you moved and the way you looked at me when you danced.. I could see how confident you are and it really drew me in. I couldn't take my eyes off you, you're really good." he told you. You weren't expecting him to say that, but his words made you smile. You were beyond flattered.

"Thank you, but what are you saying exactly?" you asked.

"I'm saying I want you to be the lead girl in my video." he said. Your eyes widened and he chuckled.

"Is that a yes?" he asked.

"Well... will I get to dance?" you asked him. You knew you'd probably say yes either way, but you wanted to be dancing in the video and not just sitting around. That's what you wanted to showcase, not your looks. Wanting to dance in the video is the reason you were even here. It was your dream to dance in a video this huge and you really wanted it to happen.

"I'll make it happen. Will you do it?" he asked. You frantically nodded your head, making him laugh again.

"Good. Well, uh, put your number in my phone so I can text you the details." he said. You smirked at him. You've been chosen for enough events to know that he wasn't supposed to contact you personally. He was just trying to be slick.

"Do you ask for all of your dancers' numbers?" you asked, taking his phone out of his hand.

"Only the ones I like." he said. You paused to see him smile at you. He bit his lip as he looked up at you, making you smile a little as you went back to saving your number.

You handed his phone back to him, and he went out of his way to touch your hand as he grabbed it. You playfully rolled your eyes. He wasn't smooth at all.

"I'll tell you when and where we're shooting the video." he told you. You nodded your head and started to walk away. You didn't get far before he called you again, making you turn around.

"Um... I'll see you later." he said. You laughed and nodded your head again. He smiled and you turned around the leave the building. You kept all of your excitement in until you were inside your car. Then, you just let it all out.

-
i've had this written for a while so i finally decided to post it.

omg i want to thank you guys for the 16k views & 600+ votes this book of imagines has! Blonde Bieber has like 1.12k views alone like what?! & i think i have 1,000 overall votes on my account & im just like how did that even happen??????? lol

thank you guys so much for everything. *blows you kisses* :)