Party Favors [alternate ending] (requested)

"Are you planning something, Chris?" you asked him, smiling again. He smiled and shook his head before looking ahead of him.

"Me? Nah. I'm not planning anything."

"That's too bad.. I was hoping you were." you told him, making him look at you again. He gaze moved from your eyes to your lips as he licked his own. You noticed that the space between the two of you was slowly decreasing and that your face was coming extremely close to his.

Soon, there was no space between the two of you at all. You felt his big, soft lips press against yours. The kiss was gentle enough that you felt comfortable with it but hard enough to send a shock through your body at the same time. He took the initiative to deepen the kiss, slipping his tongue in your mouth slowly, making you recreate the same movement at the same pace as him. It felt like it was over as soon as it started, and he was pulling your lip with his teeth before letting it pop back into place. You didn't say anything, you just looked at him, still in shock about what just happened.

You opened your mouth to speak but at the same time you felt your arm being grabbed and your body was lifted up until you were standing on your feet. At the same time, Chris stood up and extended his arm towards so it was separating you and the dude who had grabbed you, Justin.

"Yo, hol' up, what's going on?" Chris asked him. Justin wore an annoyed expression on his face but never released your arm.

"We're about to leave." Justin responded. You furrowed your eyebrows in his direction. It still felt like the two of you had just gotten there. You hadn't even seen him for most of the night and now he wanted to drag you out of the party like a lost puppy with no explanation.

"Well, we were getting to know each other. Just chill for a little while, man. Get a drink, talk to one of these girls. Y'all can leave a little later." Chris told him. Even though you didn't like the idea of Justin talking to other girls, you did want to continue to talk to Chris for a little longer. You looked at Justin to see what his answer would be.

"Nah, I'm really not feeling this party. Maybe next time." he tried to walk off after his words left his lips, with your arm still in his hand. Chris stopped the two of you again before Justin could even take two steps.

"How about this?" Chris grabbed both your arm and Justin's hand and disconnected the two, putting an arm over your shoulder and pulling you into his side. "You can leave. Babygirl will stay here with me because I don't think she wants to leave yet." Justin had the same annoyed expression on his face as he looked from Chris to you and back to Chris.

"She only came because of me, I think she'd want to leave with me, too."

"You ready to leave, ma?" Chris asked. You looked at him and shook your head before looking back at Justin. His expression was unreadable now, but for some reason you felt bad. Even though he had left you by yourself earlier to go hang with his ex, you felt a little guilty for picking Chris over him. You really shouldn't, because he had picked Selena over you less than thirty minutes ago, but you still did. Probably because of the soft spot you had for him that you really needed to get rid of.

"See, she's not ready to go. When she is, I'll take her home personally, alright? I know she's you're friend, I'll make sure she's safe. Don't even worry about it." Chris said. Justin glanced at me before looking at Chris again.

"Aight... I'll see you later, y/n." Not another word was spoken before he walked off, leaving you and Chris to finish where you left off.

You spent a few more hours with Chris after Justin left. The two of you ended up leaving the party and going to chill somewhere alone, where there were less people and cameras watching your every move because of Chris' status. He was really cool and nice. You felt like you knew him a little better because you got the chance to talk to each other about random shallow things and some deeper stuff that you know he's never got into with many people. You felt like you were beginning to form a real bond, one that'd hopefully help you get over Justin, so you were excited when he asked you on a date and took your number. You knew the two of you could only get closer from here and you were looking forward to it.

Even though you had a great night you were still worried about Justin. He seemed upset when he left and you decided not to go with him. You thought he was being a little rude when he tried to drag you away but that didn't stop you from letting your mind drift off to him and how he was doing all night. You tried to call him all day, only getting the voicemail numerous times. Most of the day was gone before he finally answered.

"Hello?" he spoke into the phone.

"Justin? I've been trying to call you all day, why didn't you answer?" you asked him.

"I was.. busy." he replied.

"Busy? Okay... so what happened at the party last night? You seemed upset when you left."

"Nothing." he said. You noticed how short and unenthusiastic his answers were so you knew something was bothering him.

"So you're really not going to tell me what's wrong right now? Like I can't tell when you're upset." you asked him.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not.. just.. talk to me." you told him. Normally it didn't take all of this effort to get him to open up to you about what was bothering him. This only worried you more, making you think that it was something big.

"Why don't you go talk to Chris?" he replied. You took a little while to respond, surprised by what he said.

"What?" you asked.

"Nothing. I gotta go, I'll talk to you later... maybe." he said. Right before he hung up you heard a female's voice come from his end, which shocked you even more than what he said.

You couldn't believe he was mad at you for choosing to stay with Chris when he had left you alone at the same party. You're grown, you can do whatever you want and you don't have to answer to anyone so the fact that he was upset over that just pissed you off. On top of that he was with some girl? Your blood boiled as an ache in your heart started to form at the thought of him having some girl laying on him right now. It hurt to see him move on from his ex with someone that wasn't you, but it showed you that spending last night with Chris was the best decision you could've made. You need to move on from him and dating Chris would help you do just that.