Celebrations & Tragedies | part 2

It's the day of your wedding and you couldn't be more nervous. No matter what you tried to do to relax, you just couldn't seem to calm your mind and body down to get through this day. Every little detail was nagging at you, making you wonder if everything was as perfect as it could've been. Were the decorations nice enough, did everyone show up, were people going to like the food, and so many other questions played in your head nonstop. The fact that you couldn't check everything for the hundredth time made you feel even more nervous.

"Y/n, relax. Everything looks perfect, you look perfect. It's your day, enjoy it." Justin told you. He placed a soft kiss on your forehead right before he walked out to take his place in line so the wedding could start. You took a deep breath after he left you in your dressing room and repeated the same words to yourself as you looked in the mirror.

Once the time came your dad left a soft knock on the door of your dressing room. Knowing it was him, you grabbed your bouquet of hand-picked flowers and walked to the door. You took a deep breath before you opened the door, being met by the smile you've loved since you were a little girl.

"You look beautiful." your dad told you. You gave him a genuine smile and thanked him as he took your hand and led you out of the room.

The two of you walked down the hallway until you were in front of the closed church doors that led to the sea of guests that were waiting for you to make your appearance. The doors were open and all of your guests stood and turned to watch you walk down the aisle. Your smile spread wider across your face as the two of you began to take your first steps.

A clear image of your groom came into view. He was wearing the classic black suit that you picked out for him and he was smiling as you made your way down the aisle. There was a feeling of almost overwhelming happiness. You held back your feelings a bit so you wouldn't cry and ruin your makeup before you even took pictures.

You and your dad made it down the aisle and he gave you away so you could take your rightful spot in front of your soon-to-be husband. He smiled at you and you smiled right back at him. You couldn't wait until you'd be waking up next to that smile every morning, his face being the first thing you see.

You couldn't even believe that you made it this far. So many times you almost caved and broke up with him out of guilt of what you and Justin did that night, but you didn't. You never even told him what you did that night. You were too afraid of his reaction and what he'd do. You love him so you didn't want him to break up with you and call the whole wedding over one stupid drunken mistake that'll never, ever happen again. You didn't purposely cheat on him and you made a promise to yourself not to ever drink that much again, no matter what the celebration was, so it won't happen again. As long as it doesn't, it shouldn't be a problem.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here together to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony. If anyone here has good reason as to why these two should not wed, speak now or forever hold your peace." our officiant said. The room became silent for a few seconds. Waiting for this part to be over made me nervous even though I knew that there was no reason to be. Everyone that we invited clearly supports us, and no one had any good reason to say we shouldn't get married. Well, except Justin.. but he would never do that to me.

"I object." a voice as clear and loud as day filled the empty room. I turned my head to see who it came from, but even before I did I knew who it was.

"Do you have good reason for the objection?" the officiant asked. Every guest in the room looked at my friend, standing not too far from where I was. I could tell that no one expected this to happen. Everyone's faces were full of shock snd confusion, including my own.

"Yes.. I do. Infidelity." When those words left my friend's mouth, my breath hitched in my throat. My heart was pounding and the room wasn't so quiet anymore. Some people gasped and a low hum of people chatting could be heard. They were probably trying to figure out which one of us had been unfaithful and I was hoping they never did.