Release Day

“Alright, alright, I’m coming!” you yelled as you made your way to your front door. You rubbed your eyes and tried not to trip and fall over anything as you did.

Someone had woken you up from your peaceful slumber by aggressively ringing your doorbell over and over nonstop. You were annoyed by this. You weren’t one of those people who could be woken up from their sleep and quickly get over it. It actually took a while for you to adjust to your surroundings and not try to fight whoever had disturbed you. You hated it and you hated that you had to get up and walk downstairs to open the door for whoever was on the other side of it.

Once you reached the door, you placed both of your hands on it to support your weight as you stood on your tippy toes and looked through the peephole. You saw Justin’s face smiling back at you so you opened the door. When you did, he immediately engulfed you in the tightest hug he’s probably ever given you.

Instead of returning the hug, you just stood there, dumbfounded. You were still half-asleep and your brain had yet to adjust to what was going on.

“Your book is out today! I’m so excited for you!” Once he said this, it was like you fully woke up. You were no longer confused. You smiled and wrapped your arms around Justin to hug him just as tight as he hugged you.

After a few more minutes of hugging, Justin released you. He held you at arm’s length and looked at you from head to toe, taking in the pajamas you chose to wear last night.

“Were you asleep?” he asked, biting his lip to hold in his laugh but a few giggles slipped out anyway.

“I was until you rang my doorbell like you’re crazy!” you said, pushing him. He held his stomach as he laughed and you closed the front door that he had left open.

“You should be up and dressed anyway, your book comes out today!” he told you, making you roll your eyes as you turned back around to face him.

“Why would I be up and dressed? Do you get up and dressed when you release an album and have no promo to do that day?” you asked him.

“No, but this is your first book! I’m taking you out to celebrate so go get ready.” he told you. He placed his hands on the small of your back and pushed you towards the stairs. You laughed, because no matter how hard you tried you couldn’t stop moving.

“Okay! I’ll go get dressed, stop touching me!” you yelled. He laughed again and you went upstairs, going straight to your bedroom.

You looked through your closet to try to find an outfit to put on. You wanted to look cute since it’s a special day, but you didn’t want to overdress. Justin only wore a hoodie, jeans, sneakers and a snapback so you wanted to sort of match him. Not exactly, but you wanted to have a laid-back look like he did. You decided on a simple top and some lightwash jeans, along with a new pair of vans you’ve been wanting to wear.

After showering, you fixed your hair and got dressed. You applied just enough foundation to have a natural look, along with some eyeliner, mascara and pinkish-nude colored lipstick. After getting your phone to take a few selfies you grabbed your purse and put it over your shoulder so that it went across your body. You placed your phone and camera inside of it before going back downstairs where Justin was waiting. He looked up from his phone to take in your appearance once you walked into the living room.

“You look cute.” he told you. You smiled.

“Thanks.”

“You ready to go?” he said, standing up and putting his phone in his pocket.

“Yeah, c'mon.” you said before turning around to walk through the front door. Justin followed you outside and you both went to his car after you locked your front door.