Exchange

Justin's pov
-

Today started out so simple. Woke up in a better mood than most days and decided to go out in the city for a bit. I got a coffee, some food and chilled for a while on my own.. aside from a few security guards. I was feeling so good that I stayed out the entire day, going to random stores and places that I never got the chance to go to before. It was fun and it felt great, I felt great... but all it took was one glance inside of a store window to change that.

Just one look at the wavy black hair flowing across her all too familiar frame changed my entire day for the worse. I hadn't seen her in months, but it felt like years. She still crosses my mind from time to time, not as often as she used to, but I know after today that will change.

I only saw her for a few seconds. She was laughing like she did most of the time when we hung out together. Her smile was even more breathtaking than I remember and I hated it. I hated the thoughts that came along with the mention or sight of her. I start thinking about the days when we were close, best friends, before my feelings grew and I ruined us without even realizing it. To this day, I still don't know what went wrong. One day we were sitting on my couch, laughing our heads off, and now I can't even call her without it being awkward. We haven't spoken in months, and I guess I'm the one to blame. I put too much pressure on her, my jealousy got the best of me. Started to treat her like a girlfriend without even expressing my feelings to her and it ruined us. I confused her and now she avoids me. I guess I deserve it.

Just one glance at her brought back all of these feelings I still have about her. Before I knew it I was in my room, on my knees praying to God and just begging that he saved her for me. In the past I asked for signs that she felt the same way or still thought of me at least. After so long of not seeing anything, I had to change what I was asking for. I didn't know what else to do. This situation is way out of my hands now, I need a miracle.

My doorbell rang the minute I got off the floor. I wasn't expecting anyone and wasn't in the mood for company, but I decided to go see who it could be anyway. I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the security camera. The same wavy hair and familiar frame I've grown to love was now at my front door.

With no hesitation, I let her in. It's no coincidence that she showed up to my house and I'm not going to miss out on her by taking time to pinch myself and make sure she's really here. I opened the door and moved to the side to let her in. She turned around almost immediately and began talking.

"I just came over here to say... I miss you." she blurted out. My eyes never left her as I closed the door.

"I miss you, too." I told her.

"I don't know when we stopped talking, but I really miss you, Jay. I just got the the most random urge to hug you today and knew I had to talk to you."

"Yeah, I wanted to talk to you, too." She just looked up at me with eyes so beautiful it was intimidating and a patient expression across her face. "What, you want me to go first?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I mean.. I talked first when I came in here. It's only polite." she told me. I smiled at how it seemed like she hadn't changed at all. "You know what, no, I'll start." My smile faded and I raised my eyebrows at how quick she changed her mind. Nervousness built inside of my body, I worried about what she was going to say to me. Right now, it didn't feel like it'd be good.

"You really confused me, Jay. We were friends and you switched it. All of a sudden I was "babe" and "sweetheart" and receiving sweet texts in the middle of the night and it threw me off."

"I know.. and I'm sorry. I should've just told you that I wanted to be more instead of forcing it on you." I told her.

"Yeah, that would've been better... I'm sorry I stopped talking to you, I just didn't know what to do."

"I get that." I said. The room grew silent as we stood there, looking anywhere but each other. There was a feeling of awkwardness in the air and I hated that it had to be like this. I always hoped that this moment would be different. After so many thoughts of my regrets I just opened my mouth without thinking about what would come out.

"I just- I love you, y/n. I want you so bad, I've imagined this moment a million times in my head the past few months and I just-" I took a step towards her and grabbed her waist. Her eyes were still watching mine, the patient expression still resting on her beautiful face. "I've never wanted a girl more than I've wanted you... just, please, give me all of you.. please. Give me all of you.. in exchange for me. You can have me, I don't want to belong to anyone else."

"Justin." she said, pausing afterwards. That's never a good sign. Normally rejection comes after a pause and I wasn't ready for that to be the case right now. "I have a boyfriend now." she finished. It felt like my heart sank into the pit of my stomach when those words left her mouth.

"Oh." I said, simultaneously dropping my arms so they hung at my sides. Her face was full of sympathy for me. Like she felt bad when, honestly, she shouldn't. I'm the one who never said a thing about my feelings. As amazing as she is, there's no surprise that she caught someone's eye.

"I want us to be friends again. I miss you, I miss your company.. but if you don't want to do that then I understand." she told me. I shook my head.

"No, it's fine. I want that too. I missed you way more than you could even imagine." This time I wrapped my arms around her to give her a tight hug. She wrapped hers around my torso and did the same. I out my face into the crook of her neck and closed my eyes, taking in this moment. Even with knowing that she's single, I can't shake my feelings for this girl. In my head, she's mine. One day she will be in every way, I just have to be patient. I'm not letting her go..

Next time around, **** I want it to be different, yeah. Waiting on a sign, guess it's time for a different prayer. Lord please save her for me, do this one favor for me... You got my soul...