Sideline | part 2

The day Justin admitted his feelings for you didn't end up being the last day you spoke to him, or saw him for that matter. What happened between the two of you after he led you up to his room was so incredible that you just couldn't leave him alone like you thought you were going to. You called him the very next day asking if the two of you could keep what you had going and he agreed to it, but under one condition.. you had to break up with Chase.

Breaking up with Chase was something that you never even thought of doing. Chase is good to you. He's a great listener, he's caring and thoughtful, and just an overall sweetheart. Even if he is lacking in the sexual part of your relationship, he shows you daily how much he loves you so you didn't want to hurt him. You didn't tell Justin that, though. You just agreed to his little demand and told him to give you time to think of a way to do it gently. That same night you were back at his house. It was easier than you thought.

It's been a month since that night and everything was going smoothly. You and Justin spent a lot more time together and have grown into more than just the f*ck buddies you were. He's actually a really cool person and he's fun to be around. Sometimes you wondered what it'd be like to seriously be with him instead of pretending to be into this idea of you being his girlfriend. If you actually put effort into it, it'd probably work but you didn't want to do that.

About two weeks after you agreed to break up with Chase, Justin got suspicious. He came to you asking when did you think it would be the "right time" and saying that you two shouldn't have sex until you broke up with him so you had to lie and say you did it at some point. He hasn't said anything about it since then and you were glad.

You dialed Justin's number out of habit. He saved it into your phone a week ago but you were so used to typing it in that you continued to do so whenever you needed to reach him. It rang twice before he answered.

"What's up, y/n?"

"Hey. Is it still okay if I come over tonight?" you asked him. There was a long moment of silence after you did. "Hello?"

"Yeah, um... Why don't I come to your house?" he asked. You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Why can't I just come over there like I always do?"

"Because I've still never been to your house. You broke up with him two weeks ago and still haven't invited me over. Why is that?" he asked. You bit your lip.

"I don't know, I just never thought of it. You can come over if you want, I'll text you the address." you told him. You didn't want him coming to your house because you didn't want him running into Chase to be a possibility but you couldn't have him getting suspicious and questioning you either.

"Okay. I'll leave once I get the text, babe." he told you. You said your goodbye and hung up, texting him your address right after. As you waited for him to arrive you straightened up a little, making sure that Chase didn't have any jackets or clothes lying around from his last visit. You also made sure to hide every picture you had of the two of you on display.

About thirty minutes after you sent the text, your doorbell rang. You smiled to yourself and went to answer it, knowing it was Justin. You didn't even look through the peephole before you opened the door but as soon as you saw Chase staring back at you, you wished you would've.

"Chase? What are you doing here?" you asked as he stepped into your house, closing the door behind him. He gave you a kiss before he answered.

"I was around so I decided to stop and see you. What are you up to?" he said.

"I was just about to go to bed." you said, forcing a very loud yawn to leave your mouth.

"Go to bed? It's like eight o'clock. Since when do you go to bed this early?"