Nerf Wars

just a short imagine i wanted to write. enjoy. :)

A couple of weeks ago Justin got this brilliant idea to have a nerf war with all of his friends, including you. That same day he went and bought a bunch of nerf guns and made everyone come over his house. The nerf war lasted for a couple of hours then afterwards you all just hung out. It was really fun so he decided to make this a weekly thing and since today's Friday, he's doing it again tonight.

"Okay! Everyone grab your weapon!" Justin said. Everyone quickly grabbed a gun from the table. You weren't quick enough so you ended up getting stuck with the smallest one he had. He, of course, had the biggest gun like he did every week. That's probably why he always won, too.

"You guys know what you're getting yourselves into. It's every man for himself. Take cover and watch your back." he said. You rolled your eyes.

"Justin, this is not the army or call of duty. Can we just start the game?" you asked, making everyone laugh. Justin side-eyed you before finishing his speech.

"Anyways... the war starts.. now!" As soon as he yelled 'now', everyone ran in different directions, trying to find cover. You hid behind the couch and peeked out to see where everyone was but quickly hid yourself again when someone tried to shoot you.

After a couple of seconds, you peeked again and shot your gun. You were happy when you saw that you had shot Justin's friend, Za.

"It's okay, y/n! I'll catch you when you run out." he yelled. You laughed as you hid behind the couch again.

"Nope! I want your gun, Za!" you told him. One of the rules was that whenever you shot someone, you had the option to trade guns with them and since Za's gun was bigger and had more ammo than yours, you definitely wanted to switch.

Za smacked his lips before he slid his gun to you and you slid yours to him. You hid behind the couch but soon decided that wasn't any fun so you got up and ran. Since the whole first floor was 'the battlegrounds' as Justin called it, you ran to the kitchen. You ran to the island because you wanted to hide behind it but you quickly backed up when you saw Justin. He stood up and you were about to run out the room when Za came in. He now had the second largest gun in the game.

"Awww yeeaahhh. We got you now, y/n." Justin said with an amused smirk on his face. You looked from him to Za, who wore the same expression.

"Come on, this isn't fair." you whined.

"All is fair in love and war, babygirl." Justin said. He held up his huge nerf gun at eye level and aimed it right at you. You let out a groan.

"Come on, I never make it to the end. You or Za always take me out in the beginning and now you're ganging up on me." you said. Getting shot five times means you were out of the game and between Za and Justin, you knew you'd be out as soon as they started shooting.

You looked at Justin with pleading eyes, knowing that if either of them was going to change their mind it'd be him. Za was probably stuck on getting his revenge from earlier. Justin, however, had nothing against you right now. He looked at you for a few seconds, probably thinking about what he was going to do.

"Sorry..." he said. You closed your eyes and braced yourself then heard several shots go off. You didn't feel anything so you opened your eyes and saw that Justin and Za'a guns were pointed at each other.

"Yo! Seriously?! We're supposed to be boys!" Za yelled. He dropped his gun and charged out of the room, leaving you and Justin there.

You just stood there, shocked that Justin chose to save you instead of team up with Za. You looked at him with wide eyes and he moved closer to you. He stopped when he was directly in front of you.

"You owe me." he told you. You just nodded your head. He stared at you for a few seconds longer before he smiled and bit his lip. He backed up and ran out of the kitchen, but not before he winked at you.

You stayed in your spot, confused about what had just happened. After a couple of seconds, you decided to shake all of these thoughts out of your mind for now and get back to the game. You walked out of the kitchen, picking up Justin's ammo and Za's gun on the way and went back into the living room. Tonight you were determined to win or at least be the last one standing against Justin.