hallucinating.

Please vote on my previous chapter ♥

Mae.

Sir Timotheus didn't even bother to talk throughout the ride to school today, the obvious reason being Nicole shamelessly flirting with him, and she dared to sit in front! Gosh, the useless girl.

Emma, on the other hand, was lost, I mean yeah she's always lost in thought but this time it looked like she was scared about something, she wasn't settled and right now is about to be the third time I'd ask her.

"Are you sure you're okay Em?" I pressured on.

This time she gave off a smile before hitting my arm. "I'm alright silly," she said with a slight chuckle, that was weird but hey as long as she's alright!

I relaxed unto my seat once again, looking out the window, watching as the familiar landscape moved, I remember when I and mum used to pass this short route to get to the NGO, I remember when Dad and I used to go on long rides, just to clear our heads, we didn't even have to talk, it was always so calming.

Fuck it.

I miss them, I miss them a lot, I miss mum's pancakes, Dad's best food, he called it fried rice, I miss mum's weird laughter and the way Dad looks at her when she laughs that way, I love them so much, I didn't even think I'd be able to live without them.

I tried calling mum this morning, it was unavailable, which broke my heart cause she really hasn't thought of messaging me or Calling me for over a week now, Aunt Marie texted from time to time, Uncle Richie doesn't ever miss to wish me a lovely day, James calls sometimes and Jerry-

"Ugh!" I hadn't even realized I groaned out.

I looked up to everyone and found their eyes on me, I dropped my eyes immediately.

"What's wrong Mae? Are you alright?" Nicole asked, and I nodded in response.

"No you're not, your eyes are tearing up," Emma said as she gave a closer look at me.

Nicole shifted on her seat to look back at me properly before her eyes softened. "Oh, honey what's wrong?" She questioned, and then I broke out.

"I- I just miss them so much," I said between cries, "I just miss them so much," this time my words came out as a whisper, I buried my face in my hands, feeling soft hands soothing my back.

"Jerry- Jerry doesn't even talk to me anymore, I- I get it, he had to move to Hawkins, and - and he's busy with work but like doesn't he miss me- just like a little, I miss him and- and-"

"Hey!" I heard Timmy say, he scolded Nicole as she bent over, crawling over to the backseat.

"Yeah like you don't like this fat ass," she retorted, making Timmy scoff.

She was seated in the middle now, and she faced me, wiping my tears away. "Mae, I understand how you feel trust me, and I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this, you don't deserve any of this, but we're always going to be here okay?" She said, but I had no response to that, it was the expected speech talk.

"And I know you're mad at Jerry, trust me I'm mad at him too, I mean he could have actually just gotten a car, to ride every day to Hawkins- yes it's a very long ride, but-" she cut herself off by sighing she knew she made no sense.

Jerry decided to spend a few days with my parents months ago because I had pressured him to, he was a student at Hierarchy University in Hawkins, and he also did his IT there so basic reasons why he drove dad's car those times to his IT, but since everything happened he decided to go back to his apartment there.