confusion.

Please vote on my previous chapter ♥

Mae.

"I need a Nutella," Nicole drawled.

After breakfast, I got a little bored, Tabby and the other servants were washing the dishes, they didn't even let me help, I got so bored, plus I wasn't really on talking terms with Emma, so obvious reasons why I invited this clown over.

"Go get it yourself," I said faking a glare, it's quite amazing how till this very moment she doesn't believe everything I told her about the werewolves.

She chuckled again, making me cringe at her loudness, I hit her arm.

"You're really taking this over the top Mae, okay okay I believe you, the most influential man in the whole of North America is a werewolf, yes. I believe you," her sarcasm made my frown deepen.

Then an idea popped up.

"You don't believe me right?' I asked her with a smirk on my face as I pulled out my phone to call the one person I never thought I would.

"Luna?" I heard the receiver say.

"Ew Emma, I understand why they all call me that but stop acting like that, ew," I snapped and the line went quiet, I knew I took it a little too far.

"Look Nicole's in my room and she's been asking for you, please come upstairs,?" I asked.

"Uh--um okay," she answered before I hung up.

I looked back at Nicole who's busy trying to figure me out, I gave her the "watch and see," look.

"It's good she's coming though, I need to spank her arse," Nicole interjected.

"You're not even mad at her," I said as I crossed my legs on the bed, we were currently in my bedroom--not I and Kingston's bedroom.

Nicole sighed, just before she softly pulled my arm.

"I'm not believing anything you said yet, but if that's truly how the story went, you should honestly forget everything that happened since all is good now," she said as her eyes pleaded desperately that I should forgive Emma.

"She's always doing this--- she's always the one to sacrifice, to choose, she's always--" I was cut off.

"And she keeps not choosing you because of what she's been through, Emma is scared, deep inside and you know it, it's a trauma response, she's scared for herself, scared," Nicole explained. At that time I didn't even realize I was already crying, a knock at the door brought us back from our intense conversation.

My hands reached my cheeks, wiping off the hot tears I had kept in for so long, before muttering for Emma to get in.

"Oh my goodness, Nicole you're really here!" She exclaimed as her eyes gleamed in happiness.

"Yes, I am!" Nicole replied with the same energy.

They ran to each other as they hugged tightly right before Nicole squeezes her ears, making Emma groan in pain.

"Ouch!" She drawled.

"That's for deliberately ignoring all my messages and calls, and for -- yes sit down we have to talk Emma, come..." Nicole gestured to the bed that I laid on, my eyes followed her and with the way she panicked I already knew I was looking at her with disdain.

I rolled my eyes, looking away.

"Ugh ignore Mae, she's a bitch sometimes," Nicole said as she dragged her to the bed, finally they were seated.