the beginnings.

Please vote on my previous chapter ♥

Kingston.

  A very familiar scent, that vanilla, that rose a dying wolf from the dead three months ago, again woke me from another peaceful sleep, I've been having from that very day, my Vedika's scent.

"Vedika?" Absentmindedly, I called. I was becoming so used to having her in arms every single time I woke up, but today she wasn't and that was exasperating enough, with a grunt, I slid off the bed to the bathroom, doing my morning routine.

"No Ki baby, stop that," I heard her faint voice down the floor and the giggles of our son, making me smile in return.

A family. We had finally became a family after so many hindrances.

Immediately I stepped out, a call from my brother-in-law was the first I got, poor James, he still hates me but whatever he does, he knows he isn't getting rid of me for anything, so instead he tolerates me as much as he can, I picked the call.

"Well isn't it a surprise!" I mused.

"Cut the shit bro, when are we expecting you guys?" He rushed, obviously he was forced to ask me, by his parents.

Then I remembered, Nikita's engagement or Nicole or Nicolette, I wasn't sure, it was today, no wonder Mae woke up so early to prepare our departure, I grumbled at the realization we were going to be a little apart from each other today.

"Soon, We'll let you know when we're there." I informed.

"Sure just be quick, her mom's already whining about how she can't wait to meet Ki and you know how much of an emotional wreck that woman is." He clarified, making me chuckle, James and I never went along but as much as he hated to deny it, we were literally the same in our judgements with people.

Vedika had finally forgiven her mum with no grudge whatsoever left, well so she says but we still see how hesitant she is with her stepfather, and their adopted dog, that Kieran seems to love a little too much, obviously it's the wolf in him, something I had started to notice, and scent too, he would be a strong Alpha, just like his father and that's for sure.

"Honey!" Her caressing voice called, making Alaricus pur, we'd never get used to this.

"In here!" I yelled back, with an intention of making her come inside the room as I dressed up, hoping Kieran wouldn't follow, because he was a Mama's boy.

The door softly clicked open, and I was excited to see her, as always. Her eyes broadened in annoyance, I had forgotten about the engagement and I was going to make us late.

"I can't believe you're not ready for Jerry's day!" She said, with her melodic high intonation. I smiled, putting on my wrist watch.

"Well I expected you to wake me up," I argued.

"Kingston you know I did, I called twice too," she defended as she walked up to me with an huff, my heavy hand on her light ones as she struggled to wear my wrist watch for me, struggled but she was fast in wearing it, I took my chance in caging her in my arms, looking into her icy blue eyes.

Vedika was mine, she was here, for me- with me.

I purred as I kept my head in her neck, inhaling her in, breathing her in, she was my comfort, always.

I grumbled. "Can we video call the engagement instead?" I asked as I purred into her neck.

Her laugh did things to me, things I wasn't ready to execute just yet. "Okay now I don't know who's the baby here, you or Kieran?" She asked with an amusement, as her little hands took my face in it, before kissing both my cheeks, I smiled cheekily, before stealing on from her lips.