If we're doing this.

Please vote on my previous chapter ♥
+18

Mae.

Regrets.

This was what filled my thoughts the very moment I got into the house, I was still a little light-headed, but I knew for certain what washed through me was all regret.

I make terrible decisions when angry, and accepting to tag along in the party was my very first, and look where it's gotten me.

About forty minutes ago, when I first came in, of course, I felt like shit- still do, I was carried up to my room by Tabby and Emma, I didn't even have a single strength to shush the traitor away, the headache was enough pain.

Tabby also washed me, I could hear her say something as she scrubbed me but I was too lost to even give a single attention and she was most probably scolding me for lying to her, she left about fifteen minutes ago and now it's just me on my bed, thinking about what I had done.

I shoved my legs off the duvet, due to lack of sleep, the lights were off and I knew better to turn them back on myself, rubbing my temples, I sluggishly stood up, my feet hit the ground and immediately I felt the cold, the air conditioner wasn't on, it certainly was about to rain.

Kingston.

Where would he be right now?

God save me from him!

I've never in my entire life seen him that angry, he was furious, livid even. I have to brace myself up for whatever punishment he'd give me, God, he scared me, as I walked towards the switch, my mind raced to the worst punishment someone like him could give, I made a very big mistake.

The thunder clapped for the first time tonight, making my heartbeat undeniably faster in the anticipation of what was to come, I knew Kingston would come here tonight, I just knew it.

The windows were opened and I made a swift move to shut them because the winds were heavy now, I rubbed my sweaty palms again, I couldn't believe he made me feel this nervous- this tense.

I hadn't taken the pills Tabby left for me on the desk beside my bed, my eyes shifted from it to the glass of water beside it, I walked to it, grabbing in it hastiness, I heard drinking water makes you less nervous, perhaps this would work, but I realized it didn't, as my hands made failed to hold it firmly, taking a couple in, I dropped the glass.

The door creaking, made me give a sharp gasp, my heartbeat increasing and my focus on who was coming in, I could hear my own heartbeat, could even hear my very breaths, I was frightened.

The very familiar figure stood at the door, his gaze never leaving mine, heavens! Even when disoriented, he looked unbelievably attractive. I couldn't give a definition to his expression, his folded arms and crossed leg leaned at the side of the door, then he started staring again, painfully and slowly looking from my legs to meet my eyes once more, I did melt with those eyes on me, and I didn't know if it was the fear I felt.

His unusual calm demeanour made me more worried, I didn't even know what was going through this man's mind, and his face unreadable.

I prepared for the worst.

"I almost killed him," he seethed out, his voice, low and cold but the restraints and anger weren't missed.

"If he isn't dead by now," he continued, and all I could do was move backwards, my palms rubbing each other at my back.

"Why?" Again he asked, but I didn't understand the question, I looked back into his eyes and I could swear I felt an emotion pass through them.

Was it- hurt?