insecurity.

Please vote on my previous chapter ♥

_Previously on Where The Moon Shines..._

"Vedika, I'm here now," he softly said to Mae, "I'm here to take you home."

"She is home," Dustin staggered backwards, pulling Mae along. His body felt weaker, as Kingston closed the gap between them.

  Kingston smirked before he zapped to Dustin. His one hand closed on his neck, as he pushed him against the closest wall. It happened so fast, that Mae fell.

Kingston peered back at Mae, "Go! Ivan has Kieran," he told her.

She nodded then picked herself up from the ground before rushing to the entrance but Vanessa's bloodied face held a grimace as she blocked Mae, "You're not going anywhere."

-

Third perspective [presently]

Mae stood still before Vanessa, paralyzed from some worry, but mostly anger and disgust. Her chest heaved, the air within her felt like it would all exit as her breathing was heavy. Her eyes were stinging with blood rushing upwards, blocking her hearing on its way. She had had it with this conniving and awful excuse for a woman that her fists clenched up whilst her nose flared.

Vanessa parted her arms and had each on the ends of the frame as she laughed facing up then suddenly stopped to glare at Mae with a sinister look, "Aww, the little human is angry," she tipped her head ever so slowly towards one side, one would think she was possessed.

Mae watched on as Vanessa gave a show that was meant to instill the fear of gods within her but the more Mae watched her move like a snake, the more she wanted to crush its head.

"You think," Vanessa slid to Mae lightly on her feet, "You think," her finger pointed forward towards Mae's mountain chest, "You think you can take all that belongs to me and live happily ever after? A human, in my place?" Vanessa's eyes darkened, she bored them into Mae's red ones, and if looks could melt a soul, Mae would be golden pudding right there.

Mae studied Vanessa, clearly, unfiltered and for the first time saw something she'd never seen. Insecurity. Vanessa seemed to have lived all her life for Kingston and when he found his mate, a human mate, Vanessa's goodess got questioned to a point where it left, her being got shaken and that confidence she naturally had was now sprayed on each morning like perfume and right now, before Mae, the scent was fading away and Mae could see the cracks.

She almost felt sorry for Vanessa. If it was another life, maybe they could've been friends, giving each advise and tips and going through life -

"What are you smiling at?!" Vanessa spat in Mae's face, bringing her out of her daydream.

Mae's smile widened and she lifted her fingers to touch her lips, "I'm smiling, aren't I?" Then a hearty laugh followed, a laugh from the core of her belly, a laugh that released any negative that was harboured, a laugh that had Mae bending forward and slapping her knee.

Vanessa grew irritated at what she found as erratic behaviour. She was mad that Mae wasn't trembling before her or begging for mercy, instead the bitch was going crazy. Vanessa shifted her weight onto one foot before crossing her arms over her chest, "Are you done?" Attitude laced in her voice.

Mae stood straight and nodded her head, trying to stifle her laugh whilst wiping tears away from her eyes, "oh Vanessaaa," she sang out. Mae seemed to have literally lost her mind but she was high on the discovery she made that freed her of the timidness and uncertainty she had for so long. She felt her soul got rebirthed and she was ready to explore her title of being a Luna, protect her Alpha, their son and her pack, "For so long I lived in fear of you because you were prettier, wait no, you thought you were," Mae put a finger under her chin then pointed at Vanessa, "And you were not human like me. So I kept telling myself that Kingston would never go for me, a lousy weakling when there's you," she motioned up and down Vanessa's body.