CHAPTER 25 ☂︎ I HATE ALCOHOL

Y/n could hear the lively Irish jig playing in the bar as the three walked closer to the building. Luther opened the door, heading in, Five and Y/n following after him. The scent of alcohol and smoke was strong in the air. Y/n grumbled, "Ugh, I hate alcohol..."

They looked around at the people. Y/n saw an older man, sitting down at the bar, a briefcase at his feet. She knew that was Five. "Well, there I am." Five said as he adjusted his jacket, leaning to the side to look at his older-looking self, but actually younger self.

"Why don't we just grab the briefcase and run?" Luther asked, motioning over towards the other Five. Y/n sighed, shaking her head as she crossed her arms.

"Luther, I would never let that happen." Five looked up at his brother, "We're trained to guard these briefcases with our lives."

"Right." Luther spoke in unison with Y/n. She looked up and glared at him.

"Plus, it's the inherent paradox where this gets tricky. I'm endangering my existence just being in the same room with myself."

"Huh–what do you mean?" Luther stupidly asked.

"Luther, try to keep up. If old me doesn't travel back to 2019 like he's supposed to, the whole thing unravels itself." Five moved his hands in a circular motion.

"He ceases to exist." Y/n said, then the two assassins continued, "You got me?"

Luther struggled to speak, "I got you."

"So our best chance is to talk with him," Five looked over at his older self, "to reason with him. He'll understand. Trust me." Five tilted his head, "I know myself... uh... better than I know myself." He scratched his neck.

Luther put a finger up, pointing at him, "You just itched you neck. That's stage two of paradox psychosis."

"No, I didn't." Five shook his head, "I didn't itch my neck."

"Denial is stage one."

"I am fine, okay?" Five sounded annoyed.

"As much I hate to agree with him, he's right." Y/n motioned over to Luther. "Which is why, Luther and I could have done this on our own." She nodded, then looked up at Luther, "Well, I could have done this on my own. I should do this on my own. We don't want to scare him away just by him seeing you first." She raised her eyebrows, looking at Five for approval.

"Alright." Five let out a breath, "Fine."

Y/n started to walk over to the older Five, she took the seat next to him. She looked over at him, "Five."

He slowly turned his head to look at her, "What'd you call me, woman?" He stared at her, realizing that she looked familiar.

"I called you by your name, Five." She looked down, then back up at him, "I'm Y/n L/n."

"Wha–what?" He furrowed his brows, "Is this something about Commission? You aren't in the Comission anymore."

"Yeah, I know." She spoke, seeing him take hold of the briefcase lightly. She chuckled lightly, making him raise a brow, "I don't know why I thought you'd look like younger your self's head on a taller body with wrinkles." She mumbled softly, smiling a bit.

"What?" He asked angrily, "Why are you here?"

"I have to introduce two people to you, you just can't freak." She glanced at him, making a gesture.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I just told you." Y/n stood up, peering past the pillar, motioning for the two to come out from behind. Older Five's eyes widened as the two came out, standing next to Y/n.

"Hello there, stranger." 13 year old body Five muttered.

"Luther." Y/n motioned to her left, then to her right, "And you already know this one." Older Five stared at them, breathing a little shakily.