CHAPTER 9 ☂︎ WOW, VERY OBSERVANT

AGE 21 — YEAR 2010

Y/n was walking the streets with a bag of clothes. She had just kicked out of her childhood home by the bank. She spent all the money she inherited on the homeless. It took awhile, but all of the money was gone.

She found a park bench, taking a seat to rest her feet. "My life is fucking insane." She muttered, looking down at the ground. She felt the bench move slightly, glancing up at the person who sat down next to her.

"I'm Allison." The woman spoke, she looked familiar to Y/n. Y/n remembered seeing her in a TV commercial.

"I'm Y/n." She replied, glancing at Allison.

"You look troubled, do you need help with something."

"No, no, I'm fine."

"Hey, by the looks of your bag, you're homeless, but newly homeless, because your clothes aren't dirty or smelly yet."

"Wow, very observant." Y/n rolled her eyes, going to stand up.

"Wait, do me."

"Well, you look like you have some money, not a lot. An newly starting actress or something." Y/n shrugged, looking at the girl.

Y/n didn't know how, but one thing led to another and Y/n was on the bus with Allison on the way to her place. Y/n stayed with Allison, becoming her assistant, getting more gigs for Allison than her manager could. Y/n and Allison became best friends.

"I can't believe it." Allison spoke, "You and I kinda did the same thing."

"Except I started earlier than you and I wasn't a hero. I was just a murderer for my father." Y/n scratched the back of her head.

"Eh. Same thing."

"Not the same thing."

AGE 23 — YEAR 2012

Allison would bring home this guy named Patrick sometimes. Then they started dating. Y/n was kind of a third wheel sometimes with Patrick and Allison. Allison and Patrick soon got married, it was a small wedding.

"Y/n, will you be my maid-of-honor?"

"Yeah, of course," Y/n paused, "but I'm not wearing a dress."

"I will rumor you." Allison threatened her, putting a hand on her hip.

"You're going to have to, because there is no way in hell that I'm going to wear a dress." Y/n crossed her arms as Allison rolled her eyes.

AGE 24 — YEAR 2013

Y/n was there for Allison for everything. The wedding. The pregnancy. The birth.

Y/n walked into the hospital room, seeing her best friend laying on the bed with Patrick sitting in a chair next to her. "Y/n, meet Claire. Claire, meet Auntie Y/n." Allison introduced Y/n to the baby in her arms.

"Hiya, Clay."

"Clay?" Patrick and Allison questioned.

"Yes. My nickname for her only." She smiled down at the baby, lightly placing a finger on the baby's hand.

AGE 29 — YEAR 2018

Then the divorce. The custody trial. Everything. Y/n was there, even if she didn't agree with what Allison had done.

Y/n and Claire sat outside the courtroom, eating ice cream cones, "Auntie Y/n?"

"Yes, Clay?" Y/n asked, looking down at the small, five year old next to her.

"Are mommy and daddy going to be okay?"

"Everything is going to work out fine in the end. One day." She patted the child on the head, taking a lick of the ice cream cone.