CHAPTER 11 ☂︎ I'M JUST LIKE YOU

AGE 𝟏𝟑 — YEAR 2002

"Now," Y/n's father said, standing in front of her, "you mustn't let anyone know about you, so no leaving the house." Y/n was about to open her mouth to speak. If she couldn't leave the house, how would she do her missions? "You only leave for missions. Understand?"

"Yes, sir." She straightened her back.

"Be up at by 8 tomorrow morning, we are going to have a guest." As he said this, she nodded. He left the room and Y/n headed to her room. 

Mr. L/n had paid a doctor to make a fake report that Y/n had died. He went to the hospital this morning with Y/n faking that her chest hurt, reporters were also there, then left fake crying. The reporters believed something happened so they followed him to the crematorium. He walked out with a empty jar, but they didn't know that, seven hours later. He answered some of their questions.

"What has happened, Mr. L/n." One reporter asked, holding the microphone in his face.

"M–my dau–daught–daughter had a ve–vein bur–burst in her h–heart." He lied, wiping a tear from his face. He had told the reporters to leave and he left also. Y/n had been picked up when she had arrived the hospital.

Y/n didn't understand why her father wanted to pretend that she was dead, but she didn't want to argue. He could make her training worse or not feed her tonight.

Y/n got ready for bed, seeing that her pajamas were already laid out on the bed. They were blue with yellow lightning strikes everywhere. She went to her bathroom. She got out her toothbrush, putting toothpaste on it. She finished brushing her teeth and starting brushing her hair. She walked back into her bedroom, laying on the bed.

Y/n thought for a while about her father. "Why? Why am I 'dead'. Yes, I have no friends to hang out with, but it was fun. Going around town, exploring and looking, and eating pizza with the money I stole." Y/n slowly drifted to sleep.

Y/n was awaken by her alarm. She got up, walking to her bathroom. Their was a suit already in there and clean towels. The nanny, Ms. Patel, had laid them in there.

Y/n didn't like that Ms. Patel did almost everything for Y/n, when Y/n could do it. Y/n had gotten used to Ms. Patel now, but it wasn't the same. She wasn't as close with her as she used to be with Ms. Collins. Ms. Patel was probably in her thirties, way younger than Ms. Collins was. Ms. Collins was in her early sixties when... yeah.

Y/n quickly took her shower. She blowdried her hair, then put her suit on. She walked down the stairs, seeing her father and a woman speaking. It hurt her, her father couldn't have another girlfriend. He couldn't just replace her mother.

The woman noticed Y/n, "Hi," She was too cheerful for Y/n. She walked closer to Y/n. "I'm the Handler. You must be Y/n." Y/n nodded.

"The Handler?" Y/n was confused.

"Yes," She walked over to the living room, motioning Y/n to follow her. Her father followed also. "I'm part of the Commission. I'm high ranking." She sat down on couch, crossing her legs.

"Commission?" Y/n asked sitting on the couch across from the Handler.

"We deal with the time space continuum. We just make sure events that supposed to happen, happen." Y/n looked at the woman confused as she spoke. Y/n thought this was a joke.

"Okay," Y/n said dragging out the 'y,' "why are you here then?"

"Because I want you to be one of my agents," She started, "We been watching you. You're amazing at what you do. You are a great killer. You're such a badass." She paused, "Don't worry. You will still live here if you agree."

Y/n looked at her father. This is why he wanted to pretend she was dead. Y/n thought carefully. She thought for a couple more minutes. The Handler looked at Y/n, awaiting an answer. "Yes, I will be one of your agents."

"Yay!" She got up, clapping her hands together. "You start tomorrow."

"I will tell Ms. Patel to pack your bags." Her father quickly said, standing up.

"Father, she said that I will still live here." Y/n muttered.

"Oh," He mumbled, "I forgot." He walked out of the room, nodding goodbye to the Handler.

"Sure, he forgot." Y/n sarcastically thought.

"Okay, your first mission will be sent to you in the morning." She stuck her hand out for Y/n to shake, then walked out the door.

Y/n could not stop thinking about the mission. What would it be like, and who would she kill this time. What bad crime did they commit.

Y/n woke to the sound of whooshing. She looked around. She had heard the sound at her dresser. She looked on her dresser, then in her dresser. A tube filled with paper, three sheets. Two small, and a regular sized one. One of the small sheets was her mission, her mission was to make sure a person named Five went to the future. The other small piece was a hand-written note.

     Y/n L/n,
I don't normally give information about the victim, but you aren't killing him. Don't let him know who you are. Wear a disguise.
                            Sincerely, The Handler
                                                              XOXO

The regular sized paper was information about Five. Y/n got dressed in some clothes that were laying on the dresser, it was a pair of black leggings, shirt, and boots. She went to her closet and carefully put on one of her wigs. She did everything she needed to and then looked at the information. She arrived at the famous Hargreeves' house. She went to the side of the house, going up the fire escape. It was about 5 am, so they should still be asleep. She looked in the window, seeing the boy from the picture.

She knocked on the window. He sprawled out of the bed, looking at the window. He spatially jumped outside to her, putting her in a choke hold. "Hey!" She lightly yelled, not wanting to wake others. "I'm just like you."

He eased up on his grip, "Same power?" She nodded. "Then why don't you use it and get out of my grip?"

"Can't. I time traveled to the future yesterday and back here, I use too much power, energy." She lied. He let go of her.

"Why did you come here?" He gruffly said, crossing his arms.

"Cause', I want you to come to the future with me." She looked at him, rubbing her neck. It was probably going to bruise.

"You don't even know me and I don't know you," He glared at her, "and Father won't let me anyway." He mumbled the last part, hoping she wouldn't hear her. But she did.

"Talk to him about it and if he still won't let you, do it anyway. He's not your real father, none of us that were born with powers have fathers." She sat down, hanging her legs off.

"What's the future like?" He sat next to her, not to close though.

"It's beautiful." She came up with a lie. "Everything looks so much cleaner. Everything is either white, light blue, or gray, they gave it all a paint job."

"Wow." He was speechless. "I think I'll visit for a while later, you up for it?"

"Yeah, totally." They continued to talk for about twenty minutes. Five was so intrigued about her. They talked about their lives, Y/n's fake one. She stood up, about to leave.

"Wait! What's your name?" Five asked, standing up.

"Delores." She said, then jumping down to the lower stairs. He watched her go, whispering her name.