CHAPTER 20 ☂︎ THANKS, BUD

Diego was tying up Klaus to a chair and Y/n sat in the floor about 10 feet away. She was going to tie Klaus up, but Diego insisted.

"I hate this room." Diego looked around, still walking around Klaus with the rope.

"Oh, it got me high enough. I picked it clean of anything of value after Daddy kicked the bucket. That's it, tighter and higher." Diego tighten the rope around Klaus, "Ooh. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah." Klaus made noises.

"Fine." Klaus made a 'ooh' noise, making Diego say, "If I see a boner, I'm out." He paused, "End of the world and you wanna get sober all of a sudden. Don't get me wrong, man. Good by you. But I'd think you'd wanna pop every pill on the planet."

"Oh, the thought did cross my mind, believe me, but..." Klaus paused, sighing, "there's something I need to do, and the whole pesky thing doesn't seem to work unless I'm sober."

Diego kneeled down to tie the rope to the chair, "Is this is about conjuring the one you lost? What was her name?"

Klaus paused for a minute, it looked like he was thinking, "His name was Dave. We soldiered together in the A Shau Valley in the Mountain of the Crouching Beast."

"Well, Dave must have been a very special person to put up with your weird-ass shit." Diego said, looking up at Klaus. Diego's comment made Klaus chuckle.

Klaus chuckled, "Yeah. Yeah. He was, he was kind, and strong, and vulnerable, and beautiful. Beautiful. And I was..." He sighed, "foolish enough to follow him all the way to the front line."

Y/n remembered when Klaus was laying on the sidewalk, crying. There was a broken briefcase, a couple of feet away from him. He must have got it from Hazel and Cha-Cha and must have accidentally used it. Poor, poor Klaus. Time travel is a very difficult thing. It had an effect on you mentally, physically, and sometimes emotionally.

"You fought in the shit?" Diego asked, still tying the rope.

"Oh yeah, baby." Klaus nodded, raising his eyebrows.

"How'd they let you do that?" Diego didn't take his eyes off the rope.

"Let me? War couldn't take enough bodies. Please. Including his. Hey, look at us." Klaus said solemnly as Diego stood up. "Loggin' in some quality bro time before the end of the world."

"Yeah, might as well. Everyone I like is already dead." Diego said, tying the rope behind him now. 

"Ah, yes. The lady cop." Klaus spoke, looking at Y/n, who wasn't paying attention to them.

Y/n sat in the distance, a couple feet away, thinking about life. She was done with everything. She did have one thing on her bucket list before the days ended and that was to tell Five that she was the girl 'Delores' who made him travel to the future. He was going to be mad, really mad. She decided to wait till the last day on Earth to tell him.

"Yeah. Mom, too. I let them both down. So here I am. Alone with you... and her. " Diego patted him on his back, starting to walk over to Y/n.

"Ah, shit!" Klaus exclaimed.

Diego stopped walking and turn around to look at his brother, "What?"

"I need to pee." Klaus looked at both Y/n and Diego. Diego sighed, putting his good hand on his head.

"I'll untie him and re-tie this time," Y/n jumped up, already starting to untie him, "but what Diego said and I'm definitely gone." She raised her eyebrows, looking up at him.

Y/n untied him and Klaus rushed to the bathroom. She sat down on the floor next to Klaus' chair and Diego sat beside her.

"Hey. What I said earlier. You're pretty chill. I actually like you." Diego said, making Y/n blush. 'Why?,' she thought, 'He only likes you as a friend.'

"Thanks, bud. I guess," She emphasized the word 'guess.' "you're okay."

"Just okay? I'm fucking amazing." He smirked, lightly punching her in the arm with his good arm.

"Yeah, okay. Sure." She said sarcastically, smiling. "The end of the world is close and here we are, tying up your brother."

"Well, I still need to take care of Hazel and Cha-Cha." He said, turning his head to look at her.

"I want to help. And don't say no, 'cause you know that you need help." She said sharply, pointing a finger at him, "I've still got a grudge against the Commission."

"Fine." He leaned his head back on the chair.