CHAPTER 30 ☂︎ I'M NO GOOD

After Y/n had her talk with Luther and checked on Allison, she went to Allison's room. Rummaging through her things. The others weren't here. They got back and Y/n came down the stairs to see Five making margaritas. She asked for a virgin one. Y/n laid out on the couch, while Five was quietly speaking to Delores on the bar stool, "Well, do you have think we really did it? Think we actually stopped the apocalypse? Now what? I don't know." He chuckled softly, "I'm opened to suggestion."

A knock was heard at the door. "Get the door." Y/n groaned, turning over on her side. Hearing Five walk away and then two pair of footsteps come back.

"You here to kill me?" Five asked, making Y/n listen.

"Oh, shit. Sorry," Hazel put his gun away, "old habits. Well, I can understand why you might feel that way, you know."

"Well, you attacked our house, tried to kill my family, kidnapped my brother."

"Well, there's not much I can do about the past. Don't forget I'm not the only killer in the room."

"You got that right." Y/n sat up, scaring Hazel.

"You both got your own bloody history. Speaking of which, that job you did in Calhoun, that shit's legendary." He then turned to Y/n, "And you, being the youngest person to ever work for the commission and you did that Winstom job. Wow." He turned back to Five, "Can't believe I'm actually sittin' here talking to you guys, after all—"

"Hazel, why are you here?" Five breathed, looking up at the man.

"Well, I'm... you know—" Diego had kicked him in the back, making Hazel fall to the ground before he could finish his sentence.

"Diego, stop!" Five shouted lightly, taking a sip of his alcoholic beverage.

"Get up!" Diego yelled, after doing a flip over the body, then kicking him in his face.

"Always a flare for the dramatics." Y/n sighed, standing up.

"You know, before you kill him, you might want to hear what he has to say." Five spoke to Diego as the two continued their fight.

Diego took a knife out, "I'm going to kill you for what you did to Patch."

"Or don't. See how that goes." Five rolled his eyes, looking down at his drink. Diego yelled, stabbing a knife into Hazel's leg. Hazel grabbed Diego, lifting him off the ground. Diego bit Hazel's ear, then Diego fell to the ground, passing out.

Y/n had electrocuted Diego before speaking, "I'd seen enough. Biting is a no no." Y/n had walked over the the bar stools, taking a seat on the one to the right of Five. She spun around to look at the man, "Now, Hazel, speak."

"Hazel, whatever you came here to say, I suggest you do it quick, before he comes round or Y/n gets tired of you." Five pointed to Diego, who was passed out on the floor, then to Y/n.

"I left my partner, quit the Commission, came to volunteer."

"What do you want? A congrats?" Y/n spoke sarcastically, slowly clapping her hands quietly.

"Volunteer for what?" Five asked, ignoring her comment.

"To help stop the apocalypse." Five and Y/n turned to look at each other, then chuckled at Hazel's statement, "What on earth could be so funny to you right now?"

"Before we answer that, why do you want to help us?"

"Let's just say I have a vested interest in a doughnut shop."

"You look like you have interest in a doughnut shop. Sorry." Y/n shrugged her shoulders, apologizing.

"Well, I hate to break it to you, pal, but you're a day late and a dollar short. The fact that you're here right now means, without a shadow of a doubt, that the apocalypse is over."

"Really? How do you know?"

"Yeah, how is do we? Nobody explained anything to me." Y/n turned to Five, awaiting an answer.

"The mark is dead. Found him this morning." Five told, "He were the last unknown left in the equation."

Hazel chuckled, "Shit. Really?"

"Mm–hmm. And if you're out, then Hellrider ain't riding."

"Oh." Hazel breathed deeply, "All right!" He laughed, walking over to the stool, grabbing the blender container of the alcoholic drink, taking a seat on Five's left side.

Hazel sighed, putting the container back, "So now what?"

"You know, to be honest, I don't know. I've been chasing this thing for so long, I... I never really thought about the day after." He left out a breath of air, "I don't know, what about you?"

"I'm done with all this madness. Time to start over. You guys should too."

"That's easier said than done."

"It doesn't have to be hard. I mean, think about it like this. If you never time traveled, you never would have gotten caught up with the Handler."

"Five, again, I'm sorry." Y/n awkwardly patted his shoulder.

"Again, not your fault."

Hazel looked confused, but continued to speak, "What would have happened?"

"I guess I would have grown up to be an emotional stunted man-child."

"That is you now?" Y/n said, looking at him perplexed.

"Well, there you go. Now you can grow up. What would have happened with you?" Hazel asked Y/n, taking another sip of the margarita.

"Probably would still be killing for my father." Y/n shrugged, hopped off the stool. "I'm sleeping." Y/n stepping over Diego's leg, jumping over the back of the couch.

"Good luck."

"Hazel, one more thing before you go."

"Shoot."

"Which one of you was the trigger man for Detective Patch?"

"Trigger woman."

"Huh. That's too bad. That gun could have cleared my brother's name."

"Well today's your lucky day, amigo. Take 'em both." Y/n heard Hazel put the guns on the counter. "I'm done with this life."

Y/n had fallen asleep once Hazel left. She awoke to to someone groaning, then saying 'shit.' She was a light sleeper, she had to be.

"Good, your both up." Five said as Y/n and Diego sat up; Diego still on the ground, surrounded by glass. "Ready for a drink now?" Five was asking Diego as Y/n stood up and stretched.

"Where is he?" Diego asked, standing up as quickly as possible, looking around the room.

"I let him go." Five answered, holding his drink in his hand.

"You what?" Diego asked quietly, walking closer to his brother.

"Now that the apocalypse is over, it's time for the fighting to stop." Diego didn't listen, he grabbed his knives off the floor, "Hey, he didn't kill Patch. His partner Cha-Cha did."

"So what?" Diego shouted, motioning with the knives, "They were both there that night."

"This half of the partnership gave me both of their guns. Which will clear you, because the ballistics will match Patch's crime scene." Five explained as Diego walked closer to the counter to look at the guns, "Hazel came here looking for a way out. He wanted a fresh start. And he happened to have in his possession the one thing that could do our family a little good. So it's time to move on."

"Not a chance." Diego spoke softly and gruffly.

"Suit yourself." He sighed, turning around, away from Diego, "I am curious." He picked up Delores, walking towards the back of the couch, "Your girlfriend, Patch. What did you like about her?

Five stood there awaiting an answer until Diego said, "A lot of things. Cute butt. Nice legs."

"Anything a little more profound than that?"

"She believed in people. No matter how much shit and filth she saw on the streets. She always saw the good inside." Diego described Patch.

"Well, I'm sure she'll be proud to know that you're killing Hazel and Cha-Cha as a way to honor her memory." Five sighed, walking away, out of the room.

Y/n couldn't help but feel a little jealous. Jealous that no one will ever say anything like that about her. She was a killer. She listened to what people told her and did it. And no matter how much she believes in someone, she's always be labeled a killer. Nobody would ever love her for her. They'd only see the killer her father made her. That's all she sees herself as.

"I'm no good." Y/n mumbled, looking up at Diego, who stared at the guns, then she walked out of the room to check on Allison.

"What did you say, Y/n?" Diego asked, turning around to look at the girl, noticing she wasn't in the room, "Y/n?"