CHAPTER 15 ☂︎ FROM FATHER DEAREST

Y/n now sat back in the same seat she was in earlier, Diego rested his arms on the back of her chair. Vanya sat in the same place with Allison where Luther had sat. Luther sat in a chair across from Vanya while Klaus walked around the room, finding alcohol.

"All right." Five started, now standing in the middle of the room, in front of the disgusting Jell-O, "First off, I wanna say I'm sorry. I know I really screwed the pooch on this whole going-back-in-time-and-getting-stuck thing. But the real kick in the pants here is we brought the end of the world back here with us."

"Oh, my God, again?" Klaus turned around to look at everyone, who all had a face of  'Yeah, duh.' "All of you knew?" He questioned, motioning his arms, "Why am I always the last one to find out about the end of the—" He changed the subject, his eyes widening, "Oh, my God. My cult is gonna be so pissed. Five! I told them we had until 2019."

"We have until Monday. We have six days." Five stated monotonously.

"Is it Vanya?" Klaus asked, going to take a sip of his drink.

"Klaus." Allison called out.

"What? It's usually Vanya."

"It happened once before, so not usually." Y/n stated, looking over at the drunken man then to Vanya. "And not her fault."

"Do you have any leads, Five?" Vanya asked, ignoring her brother.

Y/n handed Five a file. "Yeah, we have one." He said, handing it over to Allison.

Allison opened the file, looking at the single photo paper clipped to it, "Holy shit, is that Dad?" She cursed as Klaus came behind the couch to look.

"Yeah." Diego answered, looking up at his sister.

Vanya scooted closer to Allison, asking, "That's him?"

"And he's standing on the grassy knoll." Diego spoke.

"Y/n, Diego, and I have been trying to talk to Dad about what exactly this means. So far, we've got nothing." Five nodded his head, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Not nothing." Diego and Y/n spoke at the same time. Diego nodded, rolling his eyes, "You first."

"Not nothing, because Diego here has a stab wound from father dearest." Y/n crossed her arms, smiling up at the man that was behind her chair.

"Okay, shut up. I was going to say that we know he's planning to kill Kennedy." Diego finished, looking at the group on the couch.

"Maybe." Five set down the file on a little side table behind him, "But we don't know who or what sets doomsday in motion. Could be Kennedy, could be something entirely independent." He turned his head to glance at Diego, "But if we know something changes the timeline, we have to make it right again."

"Yeah, but how are we supposed to fix it, if we don't know what's broken?" Allison questioned, scrunching her brows.

"Oh, come on. Do the math." Diego spoke, still leaning against the back of Y/n's chair, "We know Dad's having shady-ass meetings with some shady-ass people. We know he's on the grassy knoll in three days to kill the president. So I think we all know what we have to do."

Diego stood up, walking closer to Five, "Kill Dad." As Five spoke at the same time, "Find Dad." Five turned around to look at Diego in confusion.

"None of us are supposed to be here, right?" Vanya questioned, looking at Five, "I mean, what if it's us? Has anyone here done anything to screw up the timeline?" She looked around at everyone, glancing at Klaus as he sat down in a chair, shaking his head.

Luther finally spoke, lightly pointing at his brother, "Diego's been stalking Lee Harvey Oswald."

"And you're working for Jack Ruby." Diego shouted back, pointing at him.

Klaus started softly, "Allison has been very involved in local politics."

"Okay, you started a cult." She motioned to him with her glass in her hand.

"I'm... I'm just a... a nanny on a farm." Vanya said, gesturing with her arms, "I don't have anything to do with all of that."

"Well, maybe you do, we just don't know it yet." Allison spoke, looking down at her sister to her left.

Diego whistled sharply, "Listen to yourselves. Everything in our new lives is connected to Kennedy."

Y/n interrupted, "Uh, not mine."

"Be quiet. It can't be a coincidence. Luther works for Ruby, Allison is protesting the government, Dad is on the grassy knoll, Klaus is..." Diego paused, gesturing to him, "doing something weird and pervy but probably related. See, clearly, we were all sent back here for one special reason: saving John Fitzgerald Kennedy."

Everyone started arguing over one another. Five started to have a look of pain on his face. Y/n stood up, going to put a hand on Five's shoulder, she shouted, "Okay! Everyone shut up! Five and I saw you guys die, after I went back to get him with Hazel. I ended up after the apocalypse, nothing. No life once so ever. The nukes took everything. We need to work together and figure it out. And if you don't, I'll knock out each and every single one of you and Five and I will work on it together and bring you guys back with us. Now shut the fuck up and listen to us."

Five started speaking softly, his voice starting to break, "I don't know if the things we've experienced here are all connected. I don't know if there's a reason for everything. But Dad will." He paused, "We need to talk to him before and everything we know is dead."

"Okay, I'm out." Luther stood up quickly, starting to walk away.

"Did you even hear us, Luther?" Five asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah. Yeah, I did. I heard a 58-year old man who still wants his daddy to come and fix everything." He smiled, "Well, you can count me out. It's time we all grew the hell up."

"Weren't you the 30-year old man who was obsessed with the moon and his dad?" Y/n called out, sitting down on arm of the chair Diego was sitting in, crossing her arms.

Diego got up, following Luther, "Save it, Diego." Luther said, continuing to leave.

Five spatial jumped on the stairs, in front of Luther, "No one leaves until we figure this out." Five spoke as Luther sighed. He then grabbed Five's clothes, throwing him over the banister.