CHAPTER 27 ☂︎ CONGRATS?

"Here we go. This'll fix ya." Klaus said as he poured Luther a cup of coffee, to which Five takes from him as he was about to sip it.

Luther has the time of his life last night. He was drunk as fuck. Went to a dance rave and danced most of the night. Then fucked some random girl. So he's not a virgin anymore.

"Nice. Okay." Klaus poured another cup for an empty seat.

"It's probably for Ben." Y/n thought, looking at the empty chair.

Five slurped his coffee, "Jesus. Who do I gotta kill to get a decent cup of coffee?" He set the cup down, Y/n taking it and drinking from it.

"Can we get started, please?" Luther mumbled, resting his head on his hand.

"Anyone seen any of the others? Diego? Allison? No? All right, then, this is the closest thing to a quorum–" Klaus said as he bangs on the table with a spatula, making Luther groan in pain, "that we're gonna get. Now, listening up. There's no easy way to say this, so I'm just gonna spit it out. Yeah." He paused, staring into the distance.

"Klaus." Luther said, hoping Klaus would carry on.

"I conjured Dad last night." Klaus said, causing Luther and Five to sit up straighter. They looked at each other questionably, not saying a word.

"Congrats?" Y/n questioned, breaking the silence, setting down the coffee mug.

"You said you haven't been able to conjure anyone in years." Luther spoke as Five picked up the mug.

Klaus raised his hands up, still hold the spatula, "Ah, yes, I know, but I'm sober. Ta-da!" He said in a singsong-y voice. "I got clean, yesterday, to talk to someone special, and then ended up having this conversation with dear old Daddy himself."

"Has anyone got some aspirin?" Luther asked, looking up at Klaus, then at Y/n and Five.

"Top shelf, next to the crackers." Five answered.

Luther was about to stand, but sat back down when Klaus started talking, "Hey, hey, hey. This is serious, guys, all right? This really happened, I swear."

"I believe you." Y/n smiled at him, getting a nod in return.

"Okay, fine. I'll play." Five sarcastically smiled at him, holding the mug still. "What did the old man have to say?"

"Well, he gave me the usual lecture about my appearance and my failures in life. Yada yada yada. No surprise there. Even the afterlife couldn't soften a hardass like Dad, right?" He jokingly laughed, "But he did mention something about his murder, or lack thereof, because... he killed himself." He motioned his hand with the spatula.

"I don't have time for your games, Klaus." Luther stood up, not believing his brother.

"I'm telling you the truth, Luther." Klaus pointed at Luther, "I'm telling you the truth."

"Why'd he do it, then?" Five asked, leaning in.

"He said it was the only way to get us all home again." Klaus answered, looking up at Luther.

"Well that's one way." Y/n mumbled while looking at Five, who was being silent.

"No." Luther scoffed, "Dad wouldn't just kill himself."

"Ah, you said it yourself." Five glanced up at Luther, holding the mug. "He was depressed. Holed up in his office and room all day and night."

"No. There weren't any signs. Suicidal people exhibit certain tendencies, strange behaviors." Luther explained, trying to prove his point.

"Like sending someone to the Moon for no reason?" Klaus and Y/n spoke, her smirking at him.

Luther took a breath, "I swear to God, Klaus, if you're lying."

"I'm not. I'm not." He held both hands up.

"Master Klaus is correct." Pogo walked in, holding his cane in his hand, making the four look at him, "Regretfully, I helped Master Hargreeves enact his plan."

"What?" Luther was in disbelief.

"So did Grace. It was a difficult choice for both of us. More difficult than you could ever know." Pogo walked closer to the group. Five furrowed his eyebrows. Y/n sat and waited for all hell to break loose. Luther was in shock, still. Klaus, well, he was Klaus. He was just happy that someone believed him, happy on the inside of course.

Pogo continued, "Prior to your father's death, Grace's programming was adjusted so that she was incapable of administering first aid on that fateful night."

"Sick bastard." Five cursed, glancing into the distance.

"So the security tape we saw?" Luther asked, looking down.

"It was meant to further the murder mystery." Luther scoffed as Pogo continued, "Your father hoped that being back here, - solving it together - would reignite your desire to be a team again."

"And to what end?" Five questioned, turning to look back at Pogo.

"To save the world, of course." Pogo asked his question.

Klaus laughed, "All right."

"First the Moon mission and now this. You watched me search for answers and said nothing. Anything else you want to share, Pogo? Any other damn secrets?" He cursed, raising his voice at Pogo.

"Hey, calm down, Luther." Klaus said, holding a hand up at him.

"No, I won't calm down. We've been lied to by the one person in this family we all trusted." He looked down at Pogo with hatred in his eyes.

"It was your father's dying wish, Master Luther. I—" Pogo sighed, "I had no choice."

"There's always choice." He stepped closer to Pogo, saying the words in a low tone.

"He was just following orders, Luther. Just like you did for the Moon mission. If he had a choice, you had a choice." Y/n spay as he looked up at him, then walked out of the room.