CHAPTER 3 ☂︎ OH, YOU IDIOT

Y/n and Five arrived at the mental hospital, asking to see Diego. They waited in the visiting room for him to come. One of the workers brought him outside the room, he slowly walked into the room, wearing all white, "Five, Y/n."

"Hey, Diego." Five greeted as Diego sat down in the chair across from the two, "You look good in white."

"About time you showed up." Diego said, looking down at his feet, then at Y/n and Five.

"How'd you know I'd be back?" Five asked as Y/n leaned back in her seat, thinking about what to eat after they leave here.

"Because that's the kind of shit you pull." Diego leaned forward, speaking gruffly.

"Where are the others?" Five questioned.

"They're not with you guys?"  Diego looked back and forth between the two.

"We'll find them." Five muttered softly, looking away from Diego. "How long have you been here?" He asked, looking back at him.

"Seventy-five days. Landed in the alley behind—"

"Commerce and Knox." Y/n, Five, and Diego all spoke at the exact time, Five nodding his head.

"You?" Diego asked Five.

"I got here this morning."

"How'd you find me?"

"Wasn't hard." Y/n rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

Five gently scoffed, pulling out the news article from his pocket, "Page 16. 'Disturbed man with multiple knives arrested outside 1026 N. Beckley.' That's Lee Harvey Oswald's house. Care to explain?"

"Let's just say Dallas Law Enforcement has not been supportive of my attempt to stop the assassination of..." Diego started talking quietly, "...John F. Kennedy.

"Because it hasn't happened yet."

"And it's not going to happen. Not on my watch. Look," Diego leaned closer, Five and Y/n leaning in too, "I've been shaving down the bars in my room. Another day or two, and I'll be out of this place, then I'm gonna stop Oswald and save the president. You want in, say the word."

"Oh, you idiot." Y/n muttered, putting her hand on her head, rubbing her temple, "Nobody wants in."

Five started speaking softly, clenching his jaw, "Listen to me very closely, you gibbering moron. You are not going to do a goddamn thing."

"Why not?" Diego asked, whispering.

"Because we have to stop the apocalypse."

"No shit. But that doesn't happen for another 60 years."

"Not that apocalypse." Y/n started, Five finishing,
"This is a new one. It followed us. I've seen it. Nuclear war, Diego, in ten days."

Diego laughed softly, leaning back in his chair, "And I'm the one they locked up, huh? Fine, I'll play along."

"It's true, Diego," Y/n spoke, "I saw the aftermath. I landed here four days after the apocalypse."

"What causes it?" Diego asked, looking at Y/n, who shrugged her arms.

"We don't know. Maybe some looney-tuned asshole with a hero complex tried to save the president and screwed everything up."

"So you're saying it worked? I saved the president," Diego growled softly, "I knew I could do it. Okay, okay, I'll help you."

"Thank God." Five let a breathe out.

"After I save Kennedy. And then you swing us back a few decades so I can slit Hitler's throat off
with a butter knife."

"This is why you don't have any friends."

"Life can't work that way, Diego, but it can work this way," Y/n stood up, "Guards! This man is planning to escape, check the bars in his room."

"Y/n! You–" Diego was grabbed by two guards.

"My brother is a very sick man." Five said, standing up.

"You piece of shit!" He was held against the table, "No, no, not the needle! Y/n!" A worker injected liquid anesthesia into his vein. It hurt Y/n seeing him like this, but oh well, he needed it.

"We'll be back for you, well," He paused, "Nighty, nighty."

"I hungy. There's no food in the apocalypse." Y/n said, rubbing her stomach as they walked out of the room.

~

Y/n and Five went separate ways after leaving the mental hospital. Five went to Jack Ruby's Strip Club and Y/n just went to a strip mall after she went back to Elliott's. She told him that she was not going there to see that.

She walked up the stairs, knocking on the door, "He—" She pushed passed Elliott, looking around for a wallet.

"Where's your wallet?" She asked, searching still.

"Uh, uh, right here." He scrambled over to a table, grabbing his wallet from under papers, handing it to the girl.

"Thanks." She took out a couple of tens, tossing it back to him, he dropped it. She grabbed a backpack, throwing everything in the bag on floor, then putting it on as she walked out the door. She headed to find something to eat. She found a little diner close by, just getting a burger and a coke. She left the diner, leaving two tens on the table, getting a very loud gasp from the worker cleaning the table off. 

Y/n walked along the streets, finding a strip mall. She went into every store, stealing clothes appropriate to the time era, shoving them into her backpack. Most of the women's clothing were dresses and heels, but she managed to find shirts and pants. She left the strip mall, heading back to Elliott's. She got there, going straight to the bedroom, ignoring Elliott's try's to speak to her.

"I really miss Allison." Y/n started thinking, "I miss Klaus too. I even miss Knife Boy." She rolled over, falling asleep, "I definitely don't miss Luther."