CHAPTER 9 ☂︎ I'M SORRY

"Y/n! Come on!" Five ran down the aisle, Y/n running after him. They were both dodging bullets.

Y/n turned around raising her hand, electrocuting one of the masked figures, causing them to drop the gun. "Not so high and mighty now, huh?" She asked, and the masked figure shot back at her, "Five? Who the fuck are these guys? They don't look like Commission."

Y/n tried to listen closely to the masked figures conversation, "You said he was special. Now what?" One of them asked, "She wasn't supposed to be here. Why is she working with him?" Y/n put her leather jacket around her waist.

"Questions later. You go for her, I'll go on the other end. Meet in the middle. Shoot anything that moves." They split up. One of them trying to follow Five, but he kept time jumping. The other one followed Y/n, shooting at her. She ran, ducking at each isle. She then felt a pain in her arm, a bad pain. She ducked looking at her arm, she had been shot. It just grazed her arm, she'd only need two or three stitches.

Y/n heard sirens coming closer. She looked around for Five, he was no where. The two people were getting closer toward her. "There you are." Five spatial jumped in front of her, holding a big black bag. He took her hand, spatial jumping out of there.

"Five," He looked at her, "who were those people?"

"Hazel and Cha-Cha." He answered. They walked to the closest dollar store, so Y/n could get some bandages for her wound. "From Commission." Y/n made an 'o' face. They walked in, gaining weird looks. Y/n went on the first aid isle. She opened up a bandaid box, telling Five to come to her. She told him to use the bandaids as stitches. He did so and then she used the bandages on his arm. Closing the bandaid box , she put it back on the shelf. She put her jacket back on as he went and picked up his bag.

The both of them headed out the door. Y/n said her goodbyes to Five since he was going back to the Umbrella Academy. She wanted to go buy some food. She was walking in the direction of where they just had the fight.

When she got close to the department store, she saw Diego kneeling on the ground and Eudora telling him something, "Do you seriously still not understand the chain of custody? If you touch it, I can't use it."

When Eudora saw Y/n, she let her in, but she also looked a little surprised. 'Why did Eudora trust me so much?' Y/n thought.

"Let me save you some time running ballistics." Diego looked up seeing Y/n, noticing that she was panting then continuing, "These nine millimeters haven't been manufactured since 19-"

Eudora interrupted him, "1963. Odd, I know. Matching casings were found at a murder scene last night. Ishmael's Towing." Y/n knew exactly who did it, Hazel and Cha-Cha. She couldn't tell who though, because if she did, she would go to jail along side them.

"The driver?" Diego asked handing Y/n a hand rag. She wiped the sweat from her forehead. She peaked at her wound, seeing that some bandaids came off. The blood made her skin too wet, making them coming off.

"Found him hanging from the ceiling. Looks like he must of known something after all." Eudora answered, a little sorrow in her voice.

"It's a shame nobody told you to go talk to him." Diego sarcastically said. Y/n lightly elbowed him with her non-hurt arm.

"In the span of 24 hours, I've have attacks in three different places. Whatever this is, whoever this is, they're not slowing down. So," Eudora paused, looking up at Y/n and Diego, "if you really give a shit and you've got any fresh ideas. I'm all ears."

"The guy's kid in the doughnut shop?" As Diego asked, Y/n tensed up a little. She hoped they didn't see her do that. She knew the kid was Five, she connected all the dots.

"I've got units tracking the extended family in case anyone goes after him."

"Well, this place must have surveillance footage." Y/n's heart stopped at Diego's words. She tried slowing her breathing, afraid that Diego or Eudora would look her.

"No, it doesn't exist." Eudora's words relaxed Y/n. Her breathing went back to normal.

Y/n said, "Damn..."

"The first unit on the scene clocked two shooters fleeing the premises, wearing, get this, creepy kids' masks." Eudora was speaking about the infamous Hazel and Cha-Cha. Y/n wanted to tell her so badly.

"The city's really going to shit, huh?" Y/n lied, taking a glance at Diego.

"Its been going to shit." Diego said, rolling his eyes.

"Coming from the guy dressed in spandex?" Y/n bursted out laughing at Eudora's comment.

"It's not spandex, it's leather." He glared at her, before smirking, "And you used to like it."

Y/n felt a little jealous at his comment. 'Why though?' She thought, 'I definitely did not like him.' Y/n walked away, leaving them to their conversation. She was about to leave the site when someone lightly grabbed her arm. She turned around, shocking the person. It was Diego. "Oh," She smiled, "I'm sorry."

He glared at her, then asked her a question, "What happened to you?"

Y/n couldn't tell him, "What do you mean?" She asked in the most serious voice she could muster.

"Your face. Your nose and cheek are bruised." He slightly pointed at her face.

"Oh, yeah." She laughed, remembering what happened hours ago, "Klaus punched me." Diego looked kind of mad.

"Do I want to know?" He asked, she shook her head, "Let me drive you back." Y/n didn't argue, she was tired of walking.

"But I'm hungry." Y/n groaned as she got in his car.

"Aren't you always hungry?" He questioned as he started the car.

"So what? Please. I'm starving."

"Fine, we'll get food."