CHAPTER 10 ☂︎HE'S NOT WRONG

Nothing much had happened between Diego and Y/n after they confessed. They continued to make out then after a few moments Y/n made some eggs for the two of them. She and Diego sat on the bed eating, then fell asleep holding onto one another.

It was now the next day. Five had been explaining what he had been doing yesterday after the two passed out. Diego and Y/n now sat on the couch in the living room, while Five paced behind them.

"So, what, you just let her go?" Diego asked while Y/n took care of his bandage, ripping it off. She mentally told herself that she'd need to get her wounds clean.

The reason she passed out was because she had forgotten all about her wounds, the pain was nothing to her, just a little pinch. So because she forgot, they got infected.

"Well, Vanya had a lot to process." Five answered, sighing, "She'll come around. I know she will."

"What about the guys that went after her?" Diego asked another question.

"The Swedes, right?" Y/n questioned, making sure she'd been paying attention.

Five nodded. Diego spoke as Elliott brought in two coffee mugs, handing one to Y/n and setting the other on the coffee table, "Yeah, I mean, how do we know they won't go after her again?"

"We don't."

"It's Vanya, she can protect herself." Y/n stated, taking a sip of the coffee before Diego took it from her, taking a sip himself. "Do you know who sent them? Do you think it the Commission?"

"I don't know, but I have my suspicions. But right now, our priority is finding Dad and getting answers, cause everything else depends on it." Five said the last phrase quieter.

"Which, for the record, I found him already." Diego uttered, motioning with his hands as Y/n took the mug back.

"And then let him go," Y/n and Five spoke at the same time, Five continued, taking a seat in the chair across from the two, "before we could have a meaningful conversation."

"He stabbed me." Diego noted, nodding his head.

"I'm surprised he waited this long, Diego. We've all had the urge." Five remarked, gaining a chuckle from Elliott.

"He's not wrong." Y/n smiled, leaning back carefully to avoid pain from her wounds.

"Good thing I know where Dad's going to be tonight." Five leaned towards them, trying hand Diego a piece of paper. Y/n pushed Diego back down, making him grunt in pain as she took the paper from Five.

Diego glared at her before leaning closer to her to look at the paper. "Where did you get this?"

"Found it at his office while he was busy stabbing you and she was busy saving your life." Five smiled, making Diego chuckle sarcastically.

"'Hoyt Hillenkoetter and the Consulate General of Mexico in Dallas cordially invite you to a gala.'" Diego read the paper out loud.

Elliott spoke up, "Woah, wait. Hoyt Hillenkoetter?" He pointed, "Are you serious?"

"You know him?" Five questioned, turning to look at him.

"Ooh, a lot of food is going to be there." Y/n said quietly, looking up at Diego, who was inches away, "We should go."

"No, Hillenkoetter is... is one of the Majestic Twelve." Elliott responded.

"The hell is the Majestic Twelve?" Diego inquired at the same time Y/n asked, "Are we supposed to know what the fuck that is?"

"What? It's a... a secret committee." Elliott turned to walk behind Five to his desk..

Y/n uttered under her breath, "Not much of a secret if people know about it."

Elliott continued, looking through stuff on his desk, "Uh, scientists, military, uh deep state." He looked up at the three, "No one really knows what they do."

"Wait, so they're government." Diego groaned as he tried to sit up.

"Shadow government." Elliott responded, going over to the shelves, looking through the stacks of papers in them, "Yeah, Kennedy was the first president to try to push 'em into the light, but these guys are not to be trifled with. Oh, here we go." He found what he had been looking for, walking towards Five, "Ah, right here." He set the picture down on the table in front of Five, pointing at one of the men in the photo, "Right there. That's Hoyt right there."

Diego and Y/n leaned over trying to look at the picture too. "I only count 11 men." Y/n stated, recounting to make sure.

"Well, that's because they've only identified as 11 so far." Elliott responded, looking at the girl.

"Who's the twelfth?" Diego questioned, turning his head to the side. Five looked at Diego, then to Y/n, all three of them agreeing mentally that they knew who.