CHAPTER 23 ☂︎ ATTENTION WHORE

"I don't know..." Five threw the empty coffee cup to the side, "yet. But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" Luther asked.

"I don't know." Five answered softly.

"Wait, so you just know his name? That's it?" Diego asked, stepping in front of the group.

"That's enough." Five ensured.

"There's probably dozens of Jenkinses." Diego addressed.

"Well, we just better start looking, then." Y/n said as she crossed her arms, stepping to the side.

"Am I the only one that's skeptical here?" Allison asked, bringing the attention on her. "I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?"

"Harold Jenkins." Five clarified, "You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?"

"Oh, yeah, I think I remember those guys." Klaus took small steps to sit down on the couch.

"Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk." Diego stated, looking at Y/n, then back at Five.

"Yeah. Them. They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of life on Earth." Five explained.

"The Temps what?" Allison asked with her arms crossed.

"You know about them already, Allison." Y/n sighed, rubbing her temples.

"We don't." Diego and

"My, our," Five corrected himself, referring to Y/n and himself, "former employer." Five answered, looking at Y/n who hopped on the counter to sit, "They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen... happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So I went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. 'Protect Harold Jenkins.' So he must be responsible for the apocalypse." Five looked at everyone.

Everyone just started talking at once. Y/n just sat on the counter, waiting for people the shut up. Diego had turned around to grab his coat.

"What do you mean, protect time and space?"

"Where is this Hazel, Five?"

"My skin is on fire."

"Do you have any idea how insane this sounds?" Allison asked. Y/n was annoyed. She had already known all this. It really wasn't that hard of a concept to grasp.

"You know what else is insane? I look like a 13-year-old boy, Klaus talks to the dead, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat. Everything about us is insane. It always has been." Five conferred.

"He's got a point there." Klaus spoke softly, his head resting on the couch arm.

"We didn't choose this life, we're just living it. For the next three days, anyway." Five looked off to the side.

"But the last time we tried to stop it, we all died." Allison looked around the room at everyone, "Why is this time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter?"

"Because this time, I'm here. We have the name of the man responsible. Guys, we actually have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people." Five paused, "Including Claire."

"You know her name?" Allison questioned, her arms still crossed.

"I do, and I'd like to live long enough to meet her."

"All right. Let's get this bastard." Allison started walking away.

"You had me at Gerald Jenkins." Diego said the name wrong and Allison stopped walking.

"Harold Jenkins." Five corrected him.

"Whatever. I've already lost two people this week, I'm not losing anyone else." Diego stated, walking over to stand next to Five.

"And Luther?"

"Yeah, you guys go. I'm gonna stay and go through Dad's files. I still think this has something to do with why he sent me to the Moon."

"Seriously? Now you wanna make the end of the world about you and Dad?" Diego was annoyed and irritated by Luther.

"No. 'Watch for threats.' That's what he told me.
You think that's a coincidence? This all has to be connected somehow."

"No, we should all stick together." Allison spoke quietly, putting her arm on his.

"We don't have time for this. Let's roll. I know where we can find this asshole. Klaus, you're with me."

"Yeah. I'm good." Klaus slowly sat up, "I think I'll... uh I think I'll pass, I'm... feeling a little under the weather, so, uh..." He walked out out the room slowly, Diego and Five following behind.

Y/n hopped off the counter, "I think that you're just an attention whore." She told Luther as she looked up at him, then walked out of the room. Allison followed behind Y/n.