4

Willow glared at the sharp-eared hunter armored girl on the other end of the table.

"Luz, are you sure you are fine? You were very scared when you saw me." Amity said while cupping Luz's cheeks.

Luz meekly smiled while saying, "I'm fine, I think it's because of what I wrote in the book."

"Hm?" Amity chirped.

Luz meekly chuckled while pulling Amity's gentle hands down.

"Well, I wrote in the story that..."

...

The leaves crunched as she had finally arrived in the forest.

She sighed as she sat down on the soft grass and cried.

After running away from her burning town, she had left herself with nothing but her life.

Suddenly, she heard a crunch.

Gasping in surprise, she yanked her teary eyes around her only to find one thing.

In the shadows appeared what looked like a fox.

She jumped aside as the fox growled and tried pouncing at her.

She went left but immediately fell cornered as the fox clicked its teeth loudly and slowly approached her.

She was shivering in fright as she immediately shut her eyes closed, waiting for the impact to hit her.

But none came.

Still shivering, she slowly opened her eyes and it immediately landed on another person's eyes.

Golden eyes, shining and attracting as the sun when she stared at them.

"Luz, warum rennst du herum?"

She gasped when the person spoke.

Blinking, she was able to get a better view of who she was looking at, green hair, soft cheeks, small hands, sweet smile, hunter's styled armor, and calm posture.

"Sind Sie das? Amity..?" She muttered.

...

Amity sat with a confused look.

"But I do not have the faintest of memory of you owning a book, Luz." She said.

Luz stopped her narration and cleared her throat out loud.

"Yeah... Ok." She said.

"Uhm, forget I ever said those." She said.

Amity nodded without any question or hesitation.

"So... She's from the book?" Willow asked while pointing a finger at Amity.

Amity sat on the couch without much motion when she glanced over in Willow's direction.

Luz nodded.

"Look, my book... It's somehow empty when I was so sure that I wrote in it, half of the page was filled actually." She whined.

The whole book, the whole same book that she had bought from the antique shop was clean as daylight. It was outright empty.

Willow meekly smiled before saying, "well, now we have a reason why she was known as someone magical."

Luz nodded with fake tears as Willow eased her down.

Amity frowned.

"Luz, why are you crying?" She asked.

Luz perked up and meekly smiled.

"No, no, I'm not crying, tonto." She said.

Amity hummed before standing up.

"We must go now, Luz." She said.

Luz was confused.

"Eh? G... Go where??" She asked.

"Our town had been burned down by bandits remember? We must hurry to the next town far away and ask for their help and shelter after we warn them of the bandits." Amity said, confused she felt as Luz stood there with a hanging jaw.

"Oh, madre, olvidé que eso era parte de la historia ..." She muttered quietly.

"Luz, what is she talking about?" Willow asked in confusion.