29

Classes were cut short after that big incident, letting everyone leave early.

Walking down the street, Amity kept a somewhat big comfort space for Luz to have.

Luz frowned, not liking the fact that Amity was somewhere between nine steps away from her.

"Amity??" She called.

Amity perked up with a confused look.

"Yes, Luz?" She replied.

"Why are you so far?" Luz scoffed as she took a few steps over to her and grabbed her by the arm.

Swinging a hold on her, she stuck her tongue out, swearing to herself she's not letting go one bit until they were home or not.

"L-Luz??" Amity stuttered a little flustered she was when she was now held by the arm.

"You're not going anywhere as far as the eye can see," Luz said.

Amity was like a dazed cat, confused she was, she tried to act understanding about what Luz had just told her. She really didn't understand what Luz had just told her back there.

"Hey, Amity, let's get ice cream today." Luz hummed.

Amity raised a brow.

"Ice... Ice cream..?" She mumbled.

Luz perked up.

'Right, ice cream doesn't exist in her world.' she thought as she smiled and said, "it's like dessert! But it's cold! Look! Let's grab some right now!"

Amity was quickly dragged towards an ice cream truck without question.

...

"Careful! It's melting!" Luz chided as she wiped Amity's hand with a clean handkerchief.

Amity meekly smiled holding the popsicle.

"I don't understand this." She said.

Luz chuckled wiping her lower lip.

"Well, after what happened today, I just thought you looked a little sad so I got us ice cream. My mom used to do this always. You're... Not sad anymore, right..?" She pondered.

Amity shot up.

Luz was giving her those puppy eyes.

"Y-Yes! Yes, I-I... I'm not sad anymore, Luz." She stuttered.

Luz smiled.

"Great!" She exclaimed.

...

"We're back." Luz called as she opened the door for her and Amity.

She was immediately lunged at by Edric without warning.

"Argh--what!?!?"

"Luz!!"

"Luz, help! Emira wants to kill me!"

Amity quickly rushed yanking Edric off of her and helping her back up her feet.

"What do you think you're doing, jumping at her!? Just because you're finally a titled boyfriend to Jerbo doesn't mean you can touch her freely as you please!!" She growled.

Edric was whining while trashing his arms around.

"Stop acting like a child and start acting like an adult! Stop fumbling!" Amity nagged.

"Uughh--I don't care! And besides, Emira wants to kill me just because I accidentally slipped and fell on Viney." He scoffed while crossing his arms.

Amity took her hold off of his collar and offered a hand to Luz.

Luz meekly smiled taking it as they walked past him through the front door.

"Little sister, have you seen our dear brother?"

Amity raised a brow and eyed Emira who was smiling almost eagerly with both hands behind her back.

"Our dear brother is outside, but why do you ask?" She wondered.

Emira chuckled and brushed her off.

"Oh, no reason, I just have unfinished business with him." She said.