58

Eda hummed taking the magic glue in both hands and placing some to glue the wood bit by bit. Slowly yet surely, she made sure all the pieces would fit perfectly and securely.

"Can we really go back using magic glue to fix the door?" King wondered as he helped by offering piece by piece to her.

Eda nodded.

"If I can recall correctly, everything... In that human's book, those characters? They're not original design ideas from her mind but souls." She pondered as she applied glue to a piece and gently lowered it in place.

"Really? Souls?? I don't get it." King offered another.

Eda chuckled and said, "what I meant is she brought the dead back to life with the same age and same form but not the same people from their past life."

King gasped.

"So does that mean..!" He scurried thinking.

"Yep! There's a very big possibility that Lilith... Is still alive. Those that came from her book were the dead, I think she had the power to revive people. We just need to make sure she doesn't use it for bad." Eda huffed gluing a very thin piece between two large pieces.

She acted carefully upon lowering it in place.

"What about the others..?" King wondered.

"King, not everybody died, ok?? Did you see those Blights?? The book has a weird sense of magic in it which somehow made Luz write their actual names down instead of ones she'd think of putting. Those Blight kids must've died from the Grometheus." Eda said as she grabbed a towel and wiped a bit of spillage from the side.

The door illuminated a bit as if it had connected back. She smiled at the reaction she got from it.

"And knowing the book didn't make Luz name any other character like 'Hooty' or 'Bump'. Those seem to still be alive. But the fact that the book also named a place called Bonesborough scares me to think that half the island must've died instead." She smirked.

King tilted his skull nodding.

"Ok... So, what do you think is the state of the island then??" He asked.

"We'll have to find out ourselves." Eda stood back and grabbed the one-eyed key in her hands to activate it.

The door lit up and slowly rose.

"We're going home now?" King asked.

"No, we're taking Luz with us and the rest of those that she's acquainted with. The book has a personality of its own, and she was the main protagonist of it." Eda hummed tucking her key away.

"Let's go find her."

...

"Cowards!!!" Belos laughed aloud in complete mockery.

Luz winced when she was suddenly shoved to her knees beside him.

"Fools!!! All of you!!!" He continued to laugh harder.

Amity gulped.

Matt checked Gus.

"W... Why is he not breathing..!?" His hands trembled.

"Hey!!"

Everyone looked to see Willow running. It looked as if she ran all the way for them.

"I..!" She gasped.

"Found it!!" She offered the leaf.

...

"What the hell..?" Boscha held her side.

Crimson red tainted her left arm.

Grrrrrrrr--

"How the hell did a Grometheus come out from those plant roots..!?"