Part 170

Two days passed . The issue was kept under wraps . When Yudhishtir and the twins came to know this they panicked. After much deliberation Chitrasen and his wives were placed in the Royal guest house until a solution is found for their problem.
In the meanwhile sage Narad did what is expected of him. He went to Dwaraka and informed the matter before Krishna and Balram. While Krishna could not believe him Balaram fumed." Arjun wants to stand before you? That much arrogance? Did he forget how much you supported him since Khandav Dahan?
Krishna tried to calm him down." Parth won't do any such thing. I am sure some conspiracy happened. Who is behind this I will find out." Narad felt embarrassed and took leave. Krishna understood . The Devine sage must have manipulated Chitrasen.

Rukmini felt sad while Satya was in shock." Unbelievable. Your Parth stands against your word? Swami not even in dreams he would do so.
Later confidential spies of Krishna brought the whole information about the incident. Ratnavali and Sobhavali cheated Subhadra and got their work done.

Sage Galav heard the matter and expressed his fury." Looks like your brother in law intentionally entered between you and Chitrasen. But I hope you will keep your word...

A couple of days latter Krishna Balaram and Satya with very little army reached the outskirts of Indraprasth and sent message to Arjun to make his stand clear.

Panchali could not believe her ears. Govind sent the message without entering Indraprasth? She is shattered. Yudhishtir asked Arjun to go and meet Krishna." Tell Kanha we need his blessings and guidance. Chitrasen is his offender. Still he took shelter with us. So we are obligated. If necessary I will personally go and beg him.

As Arjun got down his horse on the bank of Yamuna he saw his Madhav seriously gazing into the waters of Yamuna.
Arjun walked towards him and hugged him from behind. Krishna turned sideways and pulled him to the front. He waited for a moment and then returned the hug. The two friends remained peaceful ,and relieved.
After a while Krishna asked Arjun." So what did you decide?"
Arjun replied without hesitation." That what you asked me to do. And I stick to my word."
Krishna smiled and said." If I am not your opponent what would you have done?
Arjun immediately replied." I would have fought for Chitrasen. He did not do it intentionally. "
Krishna became serious." Then fight now.. with me. Do your duty."
Arjun's face turned pale." Ask the sage to accept my life instead of Chitrasen's life."

Krishna patted his shoulder." Parth..don't be emotional. Stand by your word. I will stand by my promise. But let us finish it off by tomorrow. "
Arjun stared at his Madhav . Fight with him who is his life?
Before he could say anything Subhadra rushed to Krishna and clasped his neck." Bhrata forgive your sister. Don't punish your friend.

Krishna pulled her up and wiped her tears. As he looked back he saw his Sakhi questioning him with tearful eyes." Govind.. Please relieve your Parth from this precarious state. He will break down." She did not say so but Her Govind understood.

Satya took Panchali's hand and assured her." Don't worry. I know Arjun will never become an obstacle in his way. He will help Swami keep his word.

Panchali raised her eyes and said." Satya my friend.. Govind will definitely help his Parth.. I believe in keeping his word..

Krishna laughed with mischief and stated." Yes I will help him and he will help me. Satya Sakhi Subhadra. Tomorrow by this time it will happen. Be ready to witness the greatest duel between the Krishna Vaasudev and Kuntiputr Arjun.

Balaram confronted Arjun." How dare you stand between Kanha and his promise? You think you will be able to save Chitrasen? Is this the way you repay his love for you? He went against me and offered Subhadra to you. Forgot everything?
Before Arjun could say anything Subhadra walked to him and replied." Bhrata Balaram..I was not offered to him. I chose him..and abducted him with Bhrata Krishna's moral support. And he never wish to stand against his Madhav..he was trapped by me and my friends.. If you want you can blame me but not him."