Part 81

Dhritarashtra asked Sanjaya to narrate the incidents at Kurukshetra with the Devine vision he got by the blessings of VedVyas.Sanjaya told him how Yudhishtir walked to Pitamah GuruDron and Kripa and sought their blessings. All the three wished him victory in war. The blind king was miffed and said. ' I know Sanjay they are fighting on our side but they wish well for Pandavas.Now tell me the war happenings.
Dharma Kshetre Kurukshetre Samaveta ...Mamakah Pandavachaiva Kimakurvata Sanjaya"
Sanjay concentrated and described thus.' Maharaj Listen to me what I had been fortunate to witness ,the conversation between Krishna and Arjun..." Krishna drove the chariot to the middle of the armies to enable Arjun see both the sides. Ofcourse he did it on the behest  of Arjun.But what happened then? History had been created in that crucial moment. Arjun looked at his Pitamah,GuruDron and others with concern and kindness He looked at his friend who is rock steady in his driver seat.He placed his hand on his shoulder as if to gain support.

Arjun said in a feeble voice.' Drishtvaimam ... Madhav,My body is shivering and my mouth dries up on seeing my relatives and friends who are gearing up for war.My skin is burning Gandiv is slipping from my hand.I can't even stand.Na Cha Sreyonu pasyami...I can't understand Madhav what benefit I will have by killing my own people.I don't even desire the pleasures of kingdom.Madhav I see my Pitamah GuruDron my cousins and others standing against me . Even though they want to kill me I don't want to kill them.The lure of three worlds also can't make me fight.If I kill my wicked cousins,I incur sin.How can I be happy after killing my own people? If our clan is lost our tradition will get lost.If Dhritarashtra's sons kill me it is fine.I am ready to die Madhav,but I won't fight."

Arjun collapsed in his seat throwing away Gandiv and quivers.He is sad. He is confused. He is indecisive.Krishna looked at his dearest Parth who is in need of him.Yes the moment has arrived. His soulmate should be enlightened...Panchali who sat in meditation opened her eyes.She wondered why her mind is restless.Why she feels her heart  tugged in pain.What is happening in battlefield? Arjun.. Is he fine? Some instinct tells her he is not fine. Then what happened? The commencement of war is indicated by war drums. But that is not heard.Panchali got up walked to the window and looked at the Sun that already advanced in full vigour. He Govind Guide him well. He needs you." Panchali's prayer reached her Govind who smiled at his emotional cousin,friend,devotee and stood in the chariot spreading his splendour all around.

Krishna looked at Arjun with affection and compassion.He then asked showering his grace on Arjun.' Kutastva kasmalamidam Vishame Samupasthitam." Jishnu,From where did you get such despicable thought? It will bring ill fame to you.You have to fight at any cost." Arjun nodded his head with impatience.' No. I won't fight Madhav.Look at him. He is my Pitamah. In my childhood I used to climb into his lap with dirty feet. He never scolded me. He pampered me like I was his own son. How can I shoot him with an arrow? I see no pleasure in that. And my Guru?
He loved me more than his own son Aswathama. How can I wound him? And my foolish cousins. How can I send them to the land of death? No way. Never." Arjun firmly stated his feelings and became silent. He has tears in his eyes.Krishna spoke with a strange calmness that Arjun never saw before.' You mourn for those who are already dead? Do you think there was ever a time when you were not there or I was not there? You think with death all those kings cease to exist?Never.Every one is always there in Eternity."
Arjun did not get convinced.' Let them have it all. I don't like to eat blood stained food. Madhav don't persuade me to fight. I won't." Arjun looked into Krishna's eyes and found them deep like ocean and distant as he never felt before.Arjun persisted.' I can not fight. I am confused. I don't know what my dharma is.
Karpanya Doshopahata Swabhavah Prichami Tvam Dharma Sammodha chetah. I lost my peace of mind. I was disillusioned.Madhav,Guide me further.Instruct me my dharma.I can't decide by myself.But I remind you I can not kill my Elders for selfish reasons."
Arjun took resort to silence having said thus.The future of Aryavartha hung in balance.If Arjun refuses to fight the Devine plan set by Krishna to reduce the burden of earth will not get fulfilled.Krishna took Arjun's hand into his.' Parth listen to me.Happiness and Sorrow will come after one another like winter and Summer.An intelligent person should not grieve both,Such a person surely deserves to get Moksha.Soul never perishes. No one can destroy a soul.But body will get destroyed by all means,If you keep that in mind you will realise that you are not killing the soul.
Vasansi Jeernani Yatha Vihaya..Just like we leave old clothes and wear new clothes soul will change into another body.Nainam chindanti sastrani...Soul can not be pierced by any weaponIt can not be burnt by fire.It can not be drenched by water It can not be swept by wind." Arjun stared at his friend trying to grasp the essence of his words.