Part 101

The bitter truth of war is there won't be any time to stop,pause and brood over the loss of lives.It just won't work. For the next day battle will stare in the face and demand so much homework to be done to face the opposition.Both Kauravas and Pandavas need to move on from where the battle ended. So Duryothan immediately assembled his prominent warriors to decide further action.Most important Ofcourse is to decide the next Chief commander for his army.To his delight his friend Karn will take part in the battle from eleventh day.Duryothan had high hopes that his friend will arrest Arjun's invincible onslaught and there ends the battle.But still he can not make him chief commander as Guru Dron with his great experience stands tall and fits the post perfectly.

So he gave the mantle to Guru Dron and praised him to skies. Dron felt satisfied for once to hear such praises from arrogant Duryothan.He said.' Duryothan ask any wish. I will fulfill your desire." Duryothan immediately asked with folded hands.' He Guruvar,kindly capture Yudhishtir alive for me." Dron was surprised.' Why do you want him alive? He is your rival no?" Duryothan smiled and explained.' If Yudhishtir is killed,Arjun will burn my army and myself along with all within minutes. If I capture him then I will order him to play Dice Game again and send him to forest. That is my plan." Dron stated firmly.' I promise I capture Yudhi alive as you wanted. But I can do it only if Arjun is not guarding him. I can not defeat Arjun So if you can manage Arjun I will fulfill your desire.' ...

In the camp of Pandavas confidential meet is going on. With so much effort Krishna brought Arjun there. Otherwise he proceeded to Hiranvati and sat there gazing into the waters. As they entered the meeting place Satyaki  rushed to them and applauded Arjun.' Gurudev you made the impossible possible.Who can defeat Santanav Bheeshm otherwise? " Arjun seriously looked at him and prevented him from saying more.' Satyaki,I didn't defeat him. I just threw him down with the help of Sikhandi." Dhrisht Dyumn intervened.' Come on brother in law. I know Sikhandi's capabilities.Dont try to be too humble."
Panchali entered with Sikhandi and signalled Dhrisht to stop his speech.For a split second she could lock her eyes with Arjun and immediately understood his state of mind. He still did not come out of his sadness and guilty feeling. Sikhandi approached Arjun and admitted.' Before the assembly I admit,I could not cause any harm to Gangaputr. It is your arrows that did the magic. I always exhibited my ego before you but I wholeheartedly agree with what the whole world said and Santanav Bheeshm said.You are unstoppable. If you want you can finish the war in one day. I express my gratitude for being the means to fulfill the purpose of my birth. Santanav deserves this fate."

As she uttered the last line her voice broke abruptly and there is moisture in Sikhandi's eyes. Arjun looked at her dazed why is he feeling her pain towards grandfather ,he wondered.Abhi and Kirti hugged him from both sides and shouted in joy.' Pitasri you fought like wow! We can't blink our eyes for a second even." Abhi continued.' I wish I would also get an opportunity to finish the game like you did today."
Arjun placed his hand on Abhi's head and said .' No need Abhi. We all are there to manage. Don't be adventurous." Krishna smiled and addressed Yudhi.' You said something important is there to discuss. What is that?" Sahadev stood up and informed.' Spies brought information that GuruDron promised Duryothan that he will capture Eldest and submit before him. As per Duryothan's plan he would make him play the Dice again and send him to forest.'

Bheem got furious.' Stupid Duryothan He still nourishes hopes that will happen? How could GuruDron agree to that?" Sahadev continued.' Guru Dron told Duryothan that he can capture Eldest only if Bhrata Arjun is not there to protect him.' Every one laughed in glee.Drupad ridiculed .' What else could he do? He has no guts to stand before my son in law." Yudhi asked Arjun' In these circumstances Arjun,you should always be nearer to me and protect me from Gurudev." Krishna assured.' Eldest,Dont worry. Parth will never let Guru Dron capture you. "
Arjun stood perplexed.' Already he is brooding over his fate that made him threw his Pitamah down.Now he has to tackle his Gurudev?" Panchali observed him and informed .' Maharaj, I would like to visit Pitamah with Arya Arjun and pay my regards." Yudhishtir nodded in approval. Krishna smiled at her in appreciation.' Parth go with Sakhi. I will discuss tomorrow's battle plan with Dhrisht in the mean while. " The moonlight is making the Waters of Hiranvati glow with lustre. Panchali walked by her husband taking his hand into hers,and infusing faith,energy and love into his ruptured heart.
Panchali just could not break his silence. For the first time she felt helpless and clueless as to what must he be thinking at that moment.Arjun is deeply immersed in his sorrow feeling guilty and enraged for being the cause of his grand father's fall.After a while they reached the place where Santanav Bheeshm lied on the bed of arrows with eyes closed but still indicating he is restless. Panchali stood gazing at the legendary warrior who succumbed to his destiny happily making his body kissed by the arrows of his dearest grandson.Arjun apptoached him and sat on his knees Bheeshm opened his eyes and looked surprised.' Why did you come again? Time for you to take rest.Tomorrow you should counter your Gurudev."
Arjun is sarcastic.' Yes Pitamah,I know. After hurting you now I should target the one who made me the great Archer by loving me more than his own son.I did so many bad deeds in my previous birth it seems. That is why I suffer this much." Bheeshm forcefully lifted his hand and touched his head.He tried to pacify his regretful Arjun with his reasoning.' Arjun,Why do you grieve for us? We are fortunate to get solvation through your hands. Other wise how can I bear my scornful life? I did grave mistakes by tolerating the sins of your cousins. I did the most censurable deed by not stopping the insult of the Kuru daughter in law. How shameful it is?"
Suddenly Arjun remembered that Draupadi came with him and looked back. She stood aloof,gazing at both of them and with a detachment that he never saw in her face.He got up and lead her to Pitamah who was in shock seeing her there.He scolded Arjun.' Why did you bring her at this hour? Arjun, it is not necessary." Panchali looked into his eyes with concern.' I came on my own Pitamah,He did not ask me to come." Her calm exterior made Pitamah scared.He addressed her in a broken voice.' Bahu, Since thirteen years after that gruesome incident I didn't sleep well.I can not forgive myself. So I have no right to ask your forgiveness.I am enduring my punishment.But this is not enough for me.I should be punished more. This grandson of mine took mercy on me and left me without wounding me further. Santanav Bheeshm bows before you Putri Don't forgive me at all."
Arjun stopped him from saying more.' Pitamah your state is not good. Please don't strain yourself.Krishnaa has no grudge for you.Please control yourself." Panchali walked nearer and folded her hands.' Accept my Pranipat Pitamah. Whatever happened was there in my destiny. I endured it and reconciled to my fate. I don't want any revenge or pratisodh.The war is happening due to Duryothan's greediness . Had he given back Indraprasth your grandsons wouldn't have ventured to fight at all. Please be at peace with yourself and submit before Govind. He will redeem you from your guilt and grace you salvation."
Bheeshm stared at her and nodded his head.' Your words are true.Only Govind can redeem me by his grace. Arjun it is too late. Take Bahu back and don't exert yourself my son.You redeemed me first and now your soulmate will show me the path to divinity. My blessings are always with you.Before leaving let Bahu taste the Devine water created by you for my sake." Arjun folded his hands with tears and lead Draupadi to the pool of water. Panchali bent down and tasted the water that looked transparent cool and Devine. She felt that she must be tasting nectar of celestials.She looked back at her Arjun with her lotus eyes filled with pride and admiration.