Part 44

Krishna discussed further plans with Pandavas' .Select a place to hide . The Exile period is going to end. The Ajnatavas begins. It is not easy to hide your identities .Duryothan will have his spies all over Aryavarth.A little fault done by any one of you will get all of you revealed.And then again you will have to repeat...Bheem told Krishna.' I am ready to take the form of a cook. But where? Arjun answered,' Virat the Matsya kingdom is our supporter in every  way. King Virat is a friend.His brother in law Kichak protected it from the onslaught of Kurus when Karna went on conquest.It is  a secure country now .I hear that Kichak went to his homeland Kekaya  country and will not return that soon.So one year we can safely spend our incognito there."
Krishna smiled at Arjun in appreciation.' Your idea is superb. There  won't be another safer place that will give  you shelter than Matsya. I support Parth." Satya teased.' What is new in that? It is like the fact that the Sun rises in the East.Krishna will support Arjun and Arjun will support Krishna. The obvious Truth."
Arjun retorted.'  So what? You also develop thinking with reason. Then Madhav will support you." Krishna explained.' Satya,He is right. It is not that far away. So Duryothan won't think that they will go there."
So it was decided that Pandavas will go to Matsya kingdom. Krishna asked Panchali when  she is inside.' Will you come with me I will take you to Panchal. You need not suffer hiding yourself in a strange place. They will finish it smoothly and  we can then assemble to decide further action." Panchali looked into his eyes.' Govind ,you know I won't leave them now. Why you are asking again? " Krishna placed his hand on her head.' He wanted me to convince you.Try to understand his concern."
Panchali nodded her head. ' Tell him I will face it good or bad. My place is with them only. I will count days and smilingly spend my time in Queen Sudheshna's Antapur as her maid. She  is a nice lady I heard.Five years he went away from me. Now I can not go away from him. . "
Arjun who heard her words from behind the partition wiped the tears that appeared in his eyes. Krishna  assuringly placed his hand round his shoulders and said.' I  told you she won't. Still  for your satisfaction I asked. Now don't ask her again.She will get hurt." ...
After Krishna and Satya left ,Pandavas spent their time with the thought of  the forthcoming Incognito that they have to spend in Matsya Kingdom.Yudhishtir took the name Kank,who will play Dice game and entertain the king. Bheem is Valala ,the Cook who can fight lions and tigers and Ofcourse boxers. Nakul will be Damagranthi,the caretaker of Virata's horses. And Sahadeva called himself Tantripal the cowherd who tend the  cows...
What is your name? Panchali asked Arjun when they are at the riverside alone. Arjun pushed her curls back and said.Brihannala. Madhav gave this name to me. How is it? " Panchali pronounced it thoughtfully.' Very Peculiar name.But sounds good. You know I took Malini's name. This is my token of gratitude to her for serving me loyally."

Arjun touched her lip with his forefinger. ' you know Krishnaa,you can not hide your beauty that is unparalleled in Aryavarth.How could a sairandhri be that beautiful? I am not sure you can spend there without troubling your self." Panchali changed the topic.' Tomorrow you four are going for hunting ,to the other side of the forest. Your Eldest was invited to a Yajn performed by sage Pingala that is in opposite direction two miles away from here. "

Arjun immediately protested.' Don't stay alone. One of us will be with you . I will leave Nakul." Panchali nodded her head. ' No Arjun,By afternoon your Eldest may be back. You will return before sunset. No need to worry. Sage Dhaumya it seems will stay in his Asram as he has to finish his one lakh jaap.He is nearer only no? I will be fine."
Arjun took her close and gave peck on her neck. ' If any one creates trouble tell them they have to face the arrows released from  Gandiv." Panchali smiled and placed her hands round his neck. ' Who will dare to trouble me ? Just recently your valour reverberated throughout the forest.it will be a lesson to one and all."
Early in the morning when they are about to start Arjun came to Draupadi  who is in the cooking wing.She wore a light pink ordinary cotton sary that complimented her well. The Mang Ka Tika,Waist belt nose ring and earrings brought by Arjun shone on her beautiful form and she looked ravishing in her natural splendour.Arjun touched her waist and said. ' I am staying back.I want to paint your picture and create poems on your beauty. You look mesmerisingly beautiful.If any one sees you like this they will lose control.I don't want to take risk. "
Panchali smiled at his besotted sweet words and  forcefully sent him along with his brothers.She did puja till mid day and then got up . She came out to the mango grove to dry up,her hair. She took head bath but didn't  dry it up. Panchali  started combing her knee length hair humming a beautiful tune that she heard Arjun sing when they were in Indraprasth.Suddenly she was interrupted by Kotikasya the follower of Jayathratha who introduced himself.
Panchali realised the drum and band sounds she is hearing since a short while  is due to that Party only.' Who are you lady? My king Jayathratha the Sindhu Raj is going to Hastinapur.on his way he saw you and was too influenced by your beauty. He wishes to converse with you."
Even before Kotikasya finished Jayathratha stood before her in his trade mark evil grin.Suddenly a strange streak of fear leapt through her body. She greeted him formally and said.' Your brothers  in  law went  for hunting . Wait in the vicinity till they come. They will feel happy to see you.Eldest may return early. He will honour you as the husband of Dussals. "