Part 73

Arjun got mesmerised on seeing her blushing face.' Madhav calls you Kalyani so aptly. There is nothing more beautiful than your face." Panchali smiled at him and asked.' Why did you not propose my father for Sarva Senadhipati? You know he is hurt." Arjun answered precisely.' He will never be hurt. For sure."

Panchali retorted.' Arjun,He is my father. I know him well. " Arjun pinched her cheek softly and said.' But I know him more than you. We know each other too well. You were not even born then."
Panchali looked at his charming face confident and  brimming with attitude.Arjun pulled her close and explained.' Krishnaa,I know he is my Guru's accomplice. So adept in warfare. And he had profound knowledge of war formations. But still I feel  his age won't permit him to take stress. Of late he became physically week and vulnerable. Also the way we ,especially you endured humiliation ,forest life and troubles took  their toll on him.I know how the father of a daughter will feel.I also have a daughter.To our ill fate it became invetible for us to include him in war.But I don't want him to take more stress."
Panchali stared at him with wonder.Her father is right.There is only one Arjun and he is unique.Arjun kissed her on her forehead and teased.' Is my explanation enough for my queen? Or still she has displeasure over my selection? "
Panchali silently raised on her toes and closed her eyes waiting to have his touch on her whole being . Yajnaseni shivered at the moment like it is her first moment of bliss with her Arjun...

Krishna nourished the white horses of Devine origin and infused joy and confidence in them.He adjusted the reins in his hand and looked up to see the ape banner. Hanuman looked down and bowed before  his Lord. Krishna smiled and asked.' Hanuma,Are you comfortable there? " Hanuman replied with humility.' Prabhu Where ever you are there Hanuma is. I feel blessed to be with you in this crucial battle." Krishna affectionately reminded him.' Remember. Your Swami means I am not fighting battle.Only Parth will fight. So control yourself and be composed.And remember there is no difference between him and myself.We both came to this earth for a similar purpose. To establish Dharma and wipe out evil."

Arjun approached Krishna and asked with surprise.' With whom you are talking? " Krishna smiled mischievously.' With stars and the moon.See they look too cool and beautiful." Arjun smiled back and retorted,' I know you won't give a straight reply to anything. You and your mysterious ways. Some day I will solve your mystery for sure."

Krishna laughed and assured.' And I wish the day is nearer. But for now let us see if our whole army is ready to start for Kurukshetra tomorrow." Arjun said in a hesitating voice.' Madhav,I want Abhi and Kirti to stay back till the need arises. They can join latter."
Krishna asked.' Why? If Arjun's sons should take advantage then Iravan also should.As it is Ulupi has a feeling that you never loved her much like you loved your other wives.Panchali is won by you and she reigns supreme in your heart. Subhadra is my dearest sister. So she always gets your attention."
Arjun is irked.' Is it about how much I love my wives? Abhi is newly married. Uttara is pregnant. So he deserves to spend time with her. As for Kirti he is the youngest of the boys. He can wait and later he can join.Iravan is suitable to enter battlefield.It is nothing to do with my love for my wives."
Krishna smiled.' Don't worry. I agree with your reasoning. But It is not possible to stop Abhi for you and me combined. If Abhi comes Kirti follows him. They are inseparable. Now let fate decide the fate of your boys. Don't think too much." Krishna patted his Parth on his shoulder and  Arjun sighed and nodded. The two friends walked towards the army camp to see the preparations for war.