Part 54

Keechak walked into the trap blinded by lust. He came to the Natyasala without any escort. Bheem who is waiting there unleashed his fury in such a way that Kichak collapsed miserably. Bhim killed him and made his body look terrible by pushing his legs into his stomach.
Panchali looked in awe and closed her eyes. Bheem warned her  not to stay there further and went off to his kitchen. Arjun stayed  at  the terrace and felt redeemed  guessing what had happened down in his dance floor.

Panchali  told the guards.' Kichak was killed by my Gandharva husbands . Come and have a look" Soon The Upakichakas,the brothers of Kichaka who wailed on seeing their brother tied Draupadi to the dead body of Kichaka and started for the burial ground in that dark night.
Panchali screamed loudly in fear and Bheem who wanted to relax ,again jumped into action. He climbed the fort wall and reached the burial ground before Upakichakas and faced them with fire in his eyes.He untied Panchali and attacked the Upakichakas with a big tree as his weapon.Within a short period they also followed their brother to the other world.

At the rise of the sun the citizens came to know about the death of Kichaka and Upakichakas.They  are afraid to see Draupadi and moved away from her. Panchali took bath .purified herself and with a smile on her face went near the kitchen and said with folded hands.' My heartfelt salutation to my Gandharva lords who saved me from that wicked Kichaka and Upakichakas"
Bheem acknowledged it with a proud smile.Then she went to Natyasala where Arjun is surrounded by the princess and her friends. On seeing her Uttara and her friends approached and praised her Pativratya.They said that Kichak reaped the fruit of his action .
Arjun asked her with a smile.' I want to hear from you how the wretched Kichak and his brothers met their doom. Please tell me elaborately." Panchali taunted him.' Brihannala you always enjoy the company of  beautiful girls. Why would you bother about Sairandhri's fate? That Is why I see  that playful smile on your face."

Arjun expressed his hurt.' You and me lived together and have known each other since a long time. Still you can not understand my heart. How sad I am to be in this form ,not able to help you in any way? You don't know Sairandhri. " Panchali felt bad on seeing his pain. She assured him.' I know your feelings.I just said for fun.It is fine with me if you stay in Natyasala. Do your duty."

She then went to Sudheshna who is overcome by grief. On seeing Panchali Sudheshna folded her hands.' Sairandhri,your beauty is extraordinary. My brother burnt himself in the fire called desire. Please leave our country." Panchali replied in a soft tone.' Queen, now only a matter of days.After that my lords will shower their grace on your kingdom. Let me stay till then." Sudheshna agreed due to her fear of Gandharvas...

Duryothan's spies informed him of the death of Kichak in the hands of a Gandharva and the reason seemed to be a very beautiful lady. In assembly he discussed the matter.Bhishm said the four mighty Warriors Salya ,Bheema,Jarasandha and Kichak can not be killed by any others except themselves. "
Duryothan understood that may be Bheem did that. Only a couple of days are left for the incognito to be completed. He immediately convinced Susarma the Trigarta king to attack southern part of Matsya.He himself with seven great Maharathis will attack Northern Matsya . Susarma attacked as planned and along with Virata Kanka,Valala,Damagranthi and Tantripala participated in the battle.

In due course Bheem defeated Susarma and fetched victory for Virata. In the meanwhile Duryothan took away the cows of Virata on northern side of Matsya. The cattle keepers ran to the Royal palace and reported that to Uttar who is the only male left in the palace. He boasted as usual.' All the charioteers had gone with father. If only I had one  I would have brought victory to my father. I am equal to Arjun who burnt Khandava forest and defeated the great Indra."

Panchali heard his words and was miffed. She went to Arjun and informed him everything. Arjun is elated. Finally he could hold his favourite Gandiv and teach a lesson  to Duryothan.He told Panchali.' Go and tell Uttar  that I drove the chariot of Arjun during Khandava Dahan. Convince him to take me as his charioteer. Our Incognito was completed yesterday itself." When Panchali mentioned Brihannala's name Uttar laughed. ' Are you mad Sairandhri? How could I win with Brihannala as my charioteer? "

Panchali  stated with pride.' I know his skills. If he is with you even if the three worlds stand against you,you will win. Take my word." Uttara convinced Uttar. 'Bhrata take my teacher. I know you will win'
When Brihannala was summoned he made them laugh by wearing the armour upside down. Only Panchali sideglanced him with a sulking face.Finally the two of them started. Uttara requested.' Bring me the colourful head cloths of Kaurava warriors for my dolls." Brihannala smiled and assured her. We will bring." Panchali came with the Arti Thali with the permission of the queen. Along with Uttara she did Arti.She then wished them looking at Arjun ' May you destroy your rival force and be victorious.May all the Gods bless you."
Arjun whispered only to her.' Here I go,Here I come. You need not wait much time ." Panchali smiled with contentment as she is certain now that her husband had  got back his manliness.Urvasi's curse is behind him now. ' Govind,be with him as always." She prayed.