Part 16

Arjun suddenly remembered Draupadi's words. This was the day that united them fourteen years back.And how happy she was last night? But here he is struck up in looking after the final arrangements for Yajn.

Krishna observed his face. Why are you looking depressed? What happened? He asked Arjun. You know I again hurt my Krishnaa on this very significant day of our life. Arjun explained the whole thing. Krishna smiled as usual. Why do you worry? It is still dinner time at the Royal mansion. We can reach there in time Krishnaa will feel happy. He said. Arjun nodded his head. No Madhav,She will not reconcile. She will think I have no value for the day that United us. Actually this is the day that brought us nearer and drifted us away due to mother's word and Eldest's decision. But still Krishnaa wants to celebrate this as a day of celebration without bothering about that Fateful Evening. And I disappointed her with my absence.
Krishna goaded him. Parth,ultimately she will realise. I am sure. If you go one step  forward She will take three steps to meet you in the middle.  That is the intensity of her love for you. Arjun smiled. I will try my luck . He said hopefully. The Royal dinner is happening with all the guests enjoying the Special recipes of Indraprastha.Kunti and Gandhari sat at a distance observing the proceedings.
Kunti has Pragati in her lap and Kirti by her side.She remembered the day that brought the Panchal princess into their lives by her third son.And The Fateful Evening that stood witness to her unusual decision. She heard Grand father praising Arjun in the morning and Maharaj Drupad beaming with joy. But where is her third son? The cherished husband of her daughter in law, The architect of Indraprasth and its Glory ,The Pride of Guru Dron and the joy of Drupad.He and his Madhav are not seen since morning.He must be at Yajnasala.

She looked at Panchali who is supervising the serving maids and occasionally serving personally. Her face she observed is dull and she knew the reason. The other Bahus are looking gorgeous and serving if they feel like. Suddenly there was excitement in the dining chamber as Krishna and Arjun walked in. Kunti sighed in relief.

Panchali's eyes twinkled but then she turned her back and walked away and got busy in serving Elder ones like Grandfather,Drupad and Guru Dron. Krishna signalled Arjun not to worry and approached Maharaj Drupad. Maharaj, we are sorry we came late. The work in Yajnasala is tedious. I think you said you want to announce something special? Arjun is bewildered. Why is Madhav trying to glorify this occasion? It is personal no? He looked at Panchali who is busy in serving. He approached Kunti and took Pragati in his arms. I miss you little princess,He confessed.

Kunti scolded him. Why did you stay there this long? Your father in law felt bad. Phalgun,you are unpredictable.Gandhari gave him upadesh. Putr, However busy you are you should not disappoint your wife.Priyamvada told me Bahu did not even eat her lunch. Atleast be with her now and eat together. Kunti again is frustrated. For Gandhari, Arjun only is Panchali's husband.

Then the voice of Drupad is heard loudly calling for attention. I want to remind all of you that this is the day on which the aim of my life had been fulfilled.The Fish Target was pierced by my Soninlaw Arjun who proved himself The Best and won my daughter. I feel on top of the world today on seeing him emerge the most invincible and undefeated warrior in Aryavarth. I bless him with more glory and success. May his valour be hailed by generations to come."
Panchali did not look at Arjun but continued her work. Arjun thought. The Fireborn is spitting fire. He should extinguish it with his thunder and lightening.
Satya confronted Arjun . Why are you not present today since morning? You know how beautiful she looked in the morning? Arjun answered in a low voice. She always looks beautiful. Why? Isn't she looking beautiful now? Satya smirked. I can't argue and win stubborn people like you. You and my lord are impossible.Drupad offered many presents to Pandavas. Apart from that he gave Arjun nice Kundalas (Ear Rings ).
Krishna approached Panchali after the guests left and said . Enough of your sulking. Parth did not mean to hurt you. He feels sorry for hurting you. Panchali frowned and replied. When did you support me before your Parth?He is everything and I am nothing. But this time don't try to support him.she burst out at him.
Krishna understood her feelings and winked at  Arjun who looked confused. As Panvhali reached her chamber with Kirti and Pragati she saw Arjun already on the Jhoola . Priyamvada is there doing massage on his forehead. What happened Masi, Panchali asked with anxiety. Priyamvada complained. All through the day he attended the Brahmins without even eating lunch. Now also he didn't have his dinner. Headache would come know. I kept food for both of you here. Eat and relax. Don't let him wake up early
. Priyamvada walked off with Malini after looking after the sleeping Pragati and Kirti. Panchali looked at him and called him in her soft voice. Arjun,get up and eat something. Arjun opened his eyes and took her hand. I will eat with your hand only. We will eat together. Panchali kept quiet as she doesn't want to starve him in the name of her anger.
He is working too hard.She fed him with her own hands and ate from his hands. Beautiful silence made the moment prestine. After they ate Panchali went inside and looked after her kids. She wanted to change but felt his hands on her. He again led her to the Jhoola lest the children may wake up.
He held her beautiful chin and pleaded . Forgive me Krishnaa. I got tensed up till I adjusted all the sages and Brahmins in their Asrams . I didn't mean to hurt you. Let us celebrate now. Panchali  did not say anything. She got praises from every one when she carefully dressed up in the morning. But the one whose sake she got ready did not see her at all. Arjun observed her thought process and said. You looked too beautiful,in the morning. The orange saree suited you so well. Panchali looked into his eyes surprised. Arjun smiled and revealed. Before going to Yajnasala I came to take gold from treasury room. You were busy with your cowives. I didn't approach you hence and went off. If I stayed for more time I would have swooned over you there itself. To avoid that I escaped.
Panchali blushed at his praise and relented. He is working too hard for the family and she is testing his love. Arjun smiled and asked. Don't you cure my headache now? In your hands only the medicine is. Draupadi smiled and said. I know about your headache. I had previous experience. Arjun hugged her close and warned. Punish me in any way but don't move away from me. I can't survive. And happy Union Day For you,No for us. Draupadi rounded his waist and kept her head on his heart.