Part 129

Aswathama said." This gem is more valuable than all the wealth of Kuruvamsh.If one wears this there won't be any hunger or fear from rivals. But still I will offer it to Pandavas because of your word.
I can't withdraw Brahmasir. I am not able to do it.So I will throw this weapon on the wombs of Pandava women.I have no other option."
Vyasa said." Do it quickly.Stand by your word."
Aswathama immediately directed his Astra towards the wombs of Pandava women.
Krishna frowned and said." I know your intention. Your target is Ofcourse Uttara who is about to give birth to Abhimanyu's son.You know what? A pious Brahmin came to Upaplavya and blessed Uttara.thus." The whole Kuru line will be wiped off. But your son will flourish and continue the dynasty." The Brahmin's word  will become true. The line of Pandavas shall continue with Arjun's grandson. Mark my word."
Aswathama had a wicked smile on his face. He said." Keshav,I know your partiality for Pandavas. But my Astra will never become futile. It will destroy the unborn child of Uttara."
Krishna stressed in his Devine voice." Let your Astra kill the unborn child. But I promise he will become alive again.He will reign supreme and rule Hastinapur for a long time.

Now I will declare your fate. You are a sinner.You are the slayer of children.You should be punished for this.3000 years you will roam around without a companion on the earth.You wretch you have no place among normal people.Your whole body will be effected by diseases and blood and pus flow from your body.You will live in inaccessible forests and hilly areas far away from people.There is no Mukti for you You will roam around with diseases.
Parikshit will rule the earth for sixty years victoriously.And you will see him as the emperor of Kurus.
You are revengeful. Wicked. Aswathama you are proud of the power of your Astra.Though Arjun's grandson will be burnt by the Astra I will revive him. I pledge on the power of my austerities and my love for dharma.
Vyasa nodded his head in approval and said." Krishna's words will definitely become true."

Aswathama gave away the gem and proceeded to far away forests cheerlessly.
Pandavas and Krishna approached Draupadi and gave her the gem.
Draupadi gave the gem to Yudhishtir.

Hiranvati river is flowing smoothly with no tides at all to indicate its agitation.It is the dark gloomy night on the nineteenth day at Kurukshetr. The Upapandavas were rested in peace along with Dhrisht and Sikhandi not to forget Yudhamanyu,Uttamaujas the valourous Panchala princes.
Draupadi had no tears left to shed as her eyes dried up unable to shed more.She walked to the shores of Hiranvati as if in trance. On her way she saw Govind going towards the royal tent may be to decide the next day programme. King Dhritarashtr,Queen Ganthari will visit Kurukshetr the next day to mourn the loss of their sons.They will stay in Duryothan's tent Yudhishtir has to meet them there and express his condolences.
The midnight massacre caused by Aswathama crushed their spirits and made them weak and vulnerable.The hard earned victory and sovereinity look insignificant as no successor is left for Pandavas to succeed them as their heir.
The only hope for Pandavas is the yet to be born child of Uttara who can continue the legacy of his valorous father Abhimanyu and undefeated grand father Arjun.
Draupadi walked slowly and reached the river.she observed someone sitting almost into the waters with head bent on his knee,his long curly hair dancing on his back , and forehead due to the blowing winds.Panchali sighed deeply." Who else ? It is  her husband Arjun only.The great warrior extraordinaire is so sensitive and emotional at heart.How could he bear the loss of boys and Abhi who filled his universe with great joy and contentment?
Panchali stood behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder that is familiarly hard with bow marks.
Arjun came out of his trance and stammered." Krishnaa"
Both of them did not move but just stayed in the same position. There won't be moon rise and moonlight.It is Amavasya. The dark night.It is symbolic as darkness dominated in their lives now
Thought Panchali.Suddenly Arjun turned to her and hid his face on her waist. The force with which Arjun did so made Panchali lost her balance but he firmly clasped her making her stand erect.
Draupadi looked down and saw his shoulders go up and down and the sobs intensified more and more.Arjun wept heart fully without control without inhibitions.Panchali did not stop him.
After a while Arjun's words started flowing out along with his tears.