Part 70

Panchali followed him silently.Arjun stood watching the beauty of the chilled winter night. The Cool breeze is making them aware of the entrance of the most coveted of all seasons.The Seetakaal.  He felt his wife at his back and pulled her to the front. Panchali looked at him with surprise. He is looking fresh as if just taken bath. Arjun understood her query and cleared her doubt.' I went to Nakul took bath woke him up ,held a discussion on chariots till he threw me out for disturbing his sleep.
Panchali taunted him.' Just because you can survive without sleep you expect every one to be like you.what urgency is there to discuss at this late hour? Is the war going to start immediately?" Arjun replied firmly.' Yes Krishnaa,Madhav told me his mission failed. He alerted me.' Parth get ready for war." Panchali is excited.' Govind came back ? Where is he? In Satya's chamber?" Arjun nodded his head.' No he didn't come. I felt his presence."

Panchali stared at him . She knew both of them had this mental connect and feel each other in absence.Arjun suddenly hugged her closer and kneeled down placing his head on her waist.' Krishnaa.Everything over. I can't dream of my Pitamah ruffling my hair. Never. Instead he will stand with his bow opposite to me and I have to fight him." Panchali understood his trauma. She pulled him closer and pushed his curls from his forehead.She knew maximum responsibility will be entrusted to him only.He should look after everything continue his battle but he has to simultaneously fight with his inner conscience that will never allow him to fight his elders.
She said in a soft tone.' Arjun fate has allotted this in our share. We have to move forward. Atleast for our children.Pool up your strength my husband,The purpose of your life must be this only to punish the evil.Govind is with us. What is there to worry?" Arjun smiled on hearing husband from,her mouth.He teased her getting back his usual naughty nature.' Husband? These days you are too fond of this word. Why? " Panchali smiled her beautiful smile that mesmerised the great archer.' Yes,I am fond of that word. I also like the one whom I addressed thus." Arjun forgot his dilemmas and became the aggressive lover he used to be with her,and whispered.' Aren't you feeling cold?"Panchali  replied with her inviting lotus eyes and pleased her husband.

After a while Panchali got up slightly rested her head on her elbow and  started gazing into her husband's serene face looking too beautiful even in sleep. She couldn't help but wonder what made her submit before him despite being hurt by him since the very first day of their union. She remembered her Swayamvar ,her father's anxiety about the outcome if Arjun failed to reach in time. Drupad emphasised his decision when he blessed her that morning.' Krishnaa,you are meant for him,if he won't come I would better keep you forever in Kampilya."
The scene changed. Panchali remembered Krishna's words.' Come what may it would happen. He is your destiny." Panchali 's inner conscience travelled to the prestine moment when she saw the Brahmin youth move towards the Fishtarget. Her heart instantly connected to that stranger.'Is he Arjun? Or Some one else?But that striking resemblance with the portrait's hero?"  Panchali got excited remembering the life defining moment of her life. He did it. And won her.She garlanded him.How beautiful that face is even with the beard..First time she experienced the loving gaze on her,from the one who got every right  on her.
Then the walk towards their hut. The protective arms that held her when she has fallen in the forest.The mischievous hazel eyes trying to hide his real identity.The confident smile when she realised his identity. Yes. He is her destiny. Father is right. Govind is right. They both were born for each other. But..The Event that changed her life,his life,their equation.That FATEFUL EVENING.' Share it equally among you five." Kunti's voice still made her shiver from within." Then Eldest's voice echoed in her ears' Let all five of us have her as our wife." Panchali had tears in her eyes . She changed her position.sat straight with a pillow in her lap taking care not to disturb Arjun's sleep.
This beautiful face she loved then bent down not uttering a word of protest.She became furious hated him in her mind for letting her become an object to be shared.Govind interfered. Pacified her.' Your Supra physical entity belongs to Parth.That fact remains your identity." Panchali closed her eyes. How can she forget her first Nite with Yudhishtir? How painful it is for her to come to terms with the fact that it is not Arjun who will be the one for her but his Eldest who had the privilege to have her .Panchali opened her eyes. This beautiful .face could not do anything but prove his loyalty towards his brother.
Priyamvada's voice resounded in her eyes.' Princess. Arjun is leaving Indraprasth. You can not see him for twelve years." She almost dragged her to the terrace.Panchali shivered feeling the pain all over again. He went off  Took away the energy the life from her. She survived. Became the mother. But She left her identity behind.She is not Panchali,the beautiful princess who nourished dream like life with her Arjun. She is the Queen of Indraprasth,The caretaker of the Antahpur,the mother,the daughter in law.
But Twelve years after she was swept off her feet by her soulmate who returned with Subhadra,again hurting her the most by his flirtatious nature. She overlooked Ulupi's advantage,Arya's devotion and Chitra's passion but Subhadra,she can not tolerate the cute sister of Govind who made her Arjun abduct her .
Panchali looked at his beautiful face. She remembered how she finally submitted her soul and body to him,how he pacified her proved his passionate love for her as unique.' Forgive me Krishnaa For Every Thing." Arjun's  voice echoed in her ears. Yes she forgave him.Spent beautiful moments with him.Got Kirti and Pragati.Thought that life will be a song of melody with him. What happened? Her Indraprasth collapsed before her eyes. She was staked. She was dragged and insulted. Again his silence hurt her this time she never thought she can forgive him.

But again he made the impossible possible.He went off for five years and returned to her invincible with Pasupat and won her heart by rejecting Urvasi despite facing the curse.She forgave him and reconciled . And after the incognito  now the real test stares at her. ' Will he avenge her insult? Or in his heart of hearts he is blaming her for making him fight with his dearest grand father?She never know.
Suddenly Panchali felt his hand over pulling her nearer to him .Panchali looked at his beautiful face.Arjun wiped her tears.' I will never blame you Krishnaa.You are not the reason for war.And you never wanted bloodshed. Trust me. Don't be unsure of yourself.And don't think I will put the blame on you if I have to fight Pitamah."
Panchali looked puzzled. ' You are not sleeping? And how do you know my thoughts?" Because I live in your heart." Arjun's answer  made her smile.His beautiful face charmed her again. And his love ? It works like cool sandal paste on her wounds that cause pain not physical but result in mental agony.I love you Arjun.And I can't help it." Yajnaseni confessed.