Part 11

Three batches of sage Brahmins occupied the ashrams around the Yajnasala . They are more than three hundred in number.Sage Ved Vyas along with Dhaumya starts the chantings so early as two hours before sunrise. The mantras chanted in one voice reaches the royal palace and the surroundings waking the Royal Parivar from their deep slumber. Arjun reaches the Yajnasala before they start their chanting and after supervising every thing he moves for his practice. GuruDron is too proud of his desciple,who never skips practice even in such busy schedule.
He told Drupad. The seeds of this great habit was laid in my Gurukul itself. I was able to make Arjun understand the need to practice daily even after becoming a perfect Archer. Drupad smiled with sarcasm. Don't take full credit Dron. If you are that competent to mould your students' mind, why won't we see any other desciple of you practice daily?Leave alone others. Your son Aswathama don't practice. And other Pandava brothers  also never practice daily. So Arjun's passion for archery makes him practice daily.
Dron smiled . Maharaj Drupad Try as you may you can not take my name away from Arjun's. He is Dron Sishya Arjun.Drupad did not relent. I know it. But you will see before your eyes how he attains the most glorious heights and leaves you behind.He is unstoppable.The argument never ends. It goes on and on with Krishna and Arjun trying their best to bring truce between them.
In the mean time Indraprasth received more tributes sent by North Kuru regions,Karavir pur and Hiranyapur. The Royal ladies got mesmerised by the fine silk garments with golden work and work with pearls and diamonds. Huge varieties of gems and jewels were sent on elephants,horses and camels.
Arjun asked Draupadi and Subhadra to keep whatever they all want and leave the rest to be donated. Krishna's wives and Arjun's wives with Karenu,Vijaya and Bhanumati took active part in sorting out what they want and leave the remaining. Satya told Panchali. See the difference between the jewellery in terms of making. They really score over our goldsmiths.
kunti and Priyamvada along with Devaki and Gandhari helped the Bahus select their jewellery and garments.
That night after dinner Krishna assembled all the family members in the Royal garden and briefed them about The Rajasuya and the rituals that  will be done day wise. He asked all the ladies to get involved in the proceedings as Panchali has to be mostly present in the Yajnasala. Jalandhara went for her delivery and may return just before the Yajn.Karenu may deliver her child after the Yajn. Except these the remaining should receive the Royal ladies and look after them well.
As the Elders left Satya took charge and started her entertaining games much to the dissatisfaction of Arjun. She asked every one to chose any person and ask one question each to which the reply should be given with honesty and sincerity. Panchali tried to skip away as Pragati is sleeping in her lap but Satya did not let her go.

The boys are still playing under the watchful eyes of Priyamvada and Kunti. Satya encouraged them. Come on have Fun. We may not meet like this again. These few days when we remember we should have a smile on our faces.
Arjun who is lying with his head on Krishna's lap commented. You know Satya . I am thinking  of coming over to Dwaraka after the sacrifice to felicitate your father the Great Satrajit for blessing the world with you with such wierd ideas. Satya smiled it off and started with Nakul who seriously asked Arjun. Bhrata how do you stay without sleep?please tell me the tips. I have so much to do but because of my obsession for sleep I am not able to finish my work. We all have only daytime but you have night time also.Please tell your secret. He genuinely  asked.

Satya clapped and teased Arjun. Now the question is shot at you first. Shoot your answer. You are an expert with words like you are with your arrows. Arjun's wives enjoyed his expressions as he scolded Nakul. After all these years you want to know answer now ? Ridiculous.

Krishna cajoled him. Parth ,be a  sport. Let us have fun. Panchali  also waited curiously to hear his answer.  Arjun's husky voice captivated them in that moonlit night. I don't know when I got that ability to wake up all through the night. I was  eight years old when I joined Gurukul. I missed mother's warm touch and her hug. Bhrata Bheem used to snor loudly. Gurumata is so affectionate that she used to sit by my side till I get into sleep. Few days after I realised I can eat at night without the lamp. I started my practice at night till dawn and I forgot about sleep. I got used to remain without sleep. Now don't try that technique . You will become sick. He warned Nakul.