Part 25

Note: I would like to,tell my readers that  as much as I try hard,I am unable to get the required energy to take my fingers towards typing process and the reason is my anger,frustration and  depression towards the  treacherous crime committed by  the offenders of  the purest, most pious and the most dignified  lady  Panchali,the love of my Parth . So I decide to do it as briefly as I can  giving more importance to the aspect of devotion that both Parth and Panchali  had for their Madhav and Govind. I firmly believe that Phalgun would have definitely  taken  resort to his soul mate !his Madhav in this most crucial hour of his life. He was helpless but not his Madhav,

I would stake my whole Kingdom along with its people, ". Arjun couldn't believe his ears. He knew his Eldest's obsession for the game. He also  witnessed how   deceitful Sakuni and Duryothan are. They goaded him into losing every thing the most valuable treasury of Indraprasth that became the envy of Aryavarth.

But the kingdom itself  as a stake? How  carefully they built  that heaven on earth  ? how  generous Maya was when he constructed the  beautiful Royal palaces,the gardens,the Mayasabha, everything for their sake to repay his gratitude to him.And the conquests ,The Khandava Dahan the contributions towards sovereignty . The abode of his queen,his wives his children is at stake. Bheem opened his mouth to protest. But it is too late. The Dice coins spelt doom for them.Sakuni  won their whole empire for Duryothan
. Arjun desparately looked at his Eldest. ' please stop the game now. I can still  get a home for us even if everything is lost. I have faith in my valour. Please stop it." The words did not come out. They stayed inside only as was his habit that was always criticised by Panchali and even Subhadra. What else is left now ? As he turned towards Bheem to make a gesture to move,he heard the most inhuman thing ever  done in playing the Dice Game.
Human staking? These people stooped to that extent to humiliate them? ' I stake Nakul on my part." Yudhishtir's voice was as clear as he always knew since his childhood. He looked at his dearest brother who enjoys life and loves to live life with vigour and energy. Within a moment Nakul became the slave of Duryodhan, followed by his most intelligent brother Sahadev. Now came his turn to face the ultimate . Kunti's words rang in his ears.' Come what may, don't disobey your Eldest." And the final moment arrived . His endearingly honest and mighty brother Bheemsen became the slave of Duryodhan,who is clapping  and shouting.
He saw the same expression in the eyes of Angaraj,his arch rival who is enjoying the proceedings. Arjun wondered how could they feel happy by attaining something not through valour but by deceit!To his disgust ,Sakuni made his Eldest lose himself as a stake. He looked at his Eldest who bent his head down and found moisture in his eyes. He knew his Eldest must have thought that he could win Hastinapur for her.Poor Eldest,he was wrong in understanding Panchali who never wished luxuries,power,or a crown of Empress. She is happy being herself loving her children,loving her home and loving her ...Arjun.
Suddenly he heard Sakuni mentioning Panchali's name. He was stupified. He was dumbfounded. What is going to happen to his Krishnaa? How can his Eldest stake her like an object or a thing? Surely he will consult them before taking such drastic step. But no . Yudhishtir is describing her before the whole assembly.' The lotus eyed beauty,the one with curly hair...Arjun got tears in his eyes. Even Bheem was stupified. Nakul and Sahadev had sweat on their forehead . Sakuni is laughing loudly Duryothan is sarcastic.' Your queen became our slave. Let her come and clean the Sabha." He ordered.
Vidur got angry and approached Dhritarashtr. 'Atleast stop now this horrible happenings. When Kansa brought doom to Vrishni clan. Krishna killed him and saved the clan. Send the son of Indra who is wise and capable to control Duryothan.He will do  the needful. If Draupadi is brought here your whole clan and your sons will meet their downfall."

But The revered Jyesht Pita ignored Kakasri's words. And to his horror Arjun saw his life support system dragged by hair by that Dussasan ,mercilessly. The curly hair that became the topic for his poetry is sweeping the floor.the elbows were ruptured,blood started at the corner of her lips and the lotus eyes locked his eyes in disbelief. He who always protected her from these vily people since their marriage is sitting helplessly waiting as if for a miracle to happen. He did not allow them to tease her in Indraprasth,in Hastinapur but why is he silent in the face of such wretched treatment meted out to her before his eyes?
Draupadi  took her eyes away from him as if abandoning him for a lifetime. Arjun heard her question asked in a firm and clear voice.' How can Eldest stake me after he lost himself?" Arjun wondered at her integrity and self belief. Why didn't he think in these lines before? How could Eldest have the  right having lost himself?" Grandfather who is shedding tears replied. ' My child Yudhishtir has  to answer your question." Arjun firmly stated.
' He is our master before he lost himself. Now the learned people should decide whose master he is."
Vikarna is furious.' How can Yudhishtir stake Draupadi who is a common wife for all the five? He is not her sole master.He can not do so." Arjun looked at Vikarn gratefully. The real point is brought out Atleast by this noble brother of his. How could Eldest stake her as if she is  his property?"
Karna scolded Vikarn.' Don't meddle in matters that are beyond your age. This Draupadi is a wh**e She has five husbands. Which chaste lady will have more than one husband? There is nothing wrong even if she is made naked in this assembly. " Arjun 's whole conscience  became paralysed. His body started aching. He could'nt see his Krishnaa as tears blurred his vision. Karn stoops to this level? He knew he hates him but he would like to take revenge in such a way? " he vaguely heard Bheem roaring like a lion as Duryothan dared to show his thighs to Panchali to sit and Karna advised her to select another husband who can protect her well.
' I will crush your thighs and kill you and Arjun will kill this wretched Sutputra Karn." Bheem declared ferociously. Duryothan laughed loudly and ordered Dussasan to take away the robes of Draupadi and Pandavas. The five of them removed their upper garments and Dussasan approached Draupadi. Arjun closed his eyes.' When you become helpless I will save my Sakhi. She is my responsibility." It became crystal clear before his eyes why he won't be able to save his wife . Madhav,I am helpless to save the dignity of my life. Keep your promise. Save your Sakhi.Madhav. My valour is waste. My life itself is waste. If something happens you won't see your Sakhi and Parth alive.Dont delay. Come fast Madhav."
Panchali had tears rolling down. Dussasan is pulling her Pallu with force and she won't be able to resist anymore. Her saviour her Bhagawan has to come and redeem her.Panchali closed her eyes and prayed.'
He Krishna,Govinda,Vaasudeva,Narayana Hare,Pahimam,Rakshamam." ..   Narayan ,Pundarikaksh,Jagannadh,Panchali's Govind and Parth's Madhav  lifted his hand. Graced his Sakhi with unending lustrous long sary that covered her fully and made Dussasan tired of pulling the saree.
The garment became a big hill,of sorts making the onlookers wonder and praise the devotional power and chastity of Draupadi. Arjun opened his eyes to see the grace and love of Madhav that made His Krishnaa stand tall while all the others looked like pitiful creatures who will be burnt by the power of a sati.
He sighed with relief with tears in his eyes. ' Madhav, you kept your promise. You redeemed us. You stood by your Sakhi and proved your love for her. You gave me life." Arjun thanked his Madhav again and again.     

Note..
I pray to him who was hailed by Bhishma thus.  ( from Maha Bhagavat)                                                      
' Trijaganmohana Neela Kanti Tanuvuddipimpa...The blue colour of his form is mesmerising the three worlds,the yellow garment is flying in the air, The beautiful curls falling on the face is making him look ravishing Such beautiful Lord who always comes to his Parth and grace him should bless us all and live in our hearts.