Part 141

Arjun took her in his arms and walked towards the balcony. He sat along with her and  keenly observed her. His Krishnaa is looking exhausted . Her beauty still remained matchless but she no longer wears rich clothes or valuable ornaments. Her long hair still looks as luscious as ever.She carelessly winds it up in a knot Rarely she appears with single plait.Years of Exile and loss of children took toll on her.
Now again she has to take yajna Diksha with Eldest for Aswamedha. Till he returns with the horse his Krishnaa should follow rigid rules in diet and survive. He remembered how hard it was for her during Rajasuya.Then she had  her sons, Abhi and Kirti by her side. Now she has none except Pragati and Pari. Panchali felt his looks on her and raised her head.She knew this togetherness is short lived. He will go for treasure.
Arjun lied back and made her lie on his heart. He is silent.He just hugged her and closed his eyes.
Will he ever be able to do justice to her by being with her sharing her joys and sufferings? His destiny will never let him be.Her wait for him looks endless ..Madhav says they have to bear with destiny as they came to the earth for a special purpose.
Panchali broke the silence and asked." How is my Indraprasth?"

Arjun placed her properly beside him and turned to her." Exactly as we left it. They maintained it so well. Duryothan never visited I was told.
Panchali's face bore a sad expression. For what purpose Duryothan did so much and lost his life and became the cause of destruction. The terrible war swept away her sons,Abhi, her father...

Arjun understood what is going on in her mind.He shook her shoulder and bent nearer." You know some one asked me why I did not bring you there.Panchali questioned him with her lotus eyes.
The jasmines and our jhoola. Arjun admitted.
Panchali could not understand first but when she did her face turned red.Arjun savoured the beauty of her face and felt elated.

Panchali tried to avoid his gaze and asked." What did Govind instruct you there?
Arjun replied straightly." The reality of life and death"
Draupadi asked" You are too lucky to hear his discourses How did you feel then?
Arjun admitted" I felt like running away from every one.
I just want to meditate and lead ascetic life.

Panchali ran her hand in his thick curly hair and looked into his hazel eyes.l
Then why did you come back? She asked .
Arjun smiled in his charming way and answered." Actually I decided to go to Gandhamadhan and Badarivan.Sage Narad said me and Krishna had our ashram there in our previous birth.I want to continue my penance.But I heard my Krishnaa's voice within my heart asking me not to leave her

Panchali turned away from him and said." I know you are a liar. You came back not because of Krishnaa but because of Krishna. He is the one who brought you back"
Arjun turned her to him and confessed." Believe it or not. I can never leave you and pursue my path. I know you came to this world for me. Then how could I be selfish and pursue my destination? I know you have to bear so much stress now for Aswamedha I feel for you Krishnaa

Panchali looked at him defiantly" Panchali and stress go with each other. Nothing new. Arjun your Eldest asked you not to kill any one not to take army help. How would you be able to do that?
I feel he expects too much Arjun "

Arjun laughed heartfully. Her concern for him always turns the tide against Eldest.He tried to explain" Eldest is right. We can't afford loss of lives now.We should try and achieve our purpose without bloodshed. Don't you have confidence in me? He questioned.
Panchali got up and folded her hands." Rajkumar Arjun bear with my imprudence. How could Dharmaraj Yudhishtir ever be wrong? Another opportunity to prove your loyalty. Go ahead.

Arjun pulled her back to him and pressed her on his heart." Years passed. But my fireborn never changes.See how beautiful you look in anger.He caressed her curly locks lovingly.
Panchali bit her lip and muttered" So clever and smart. Change the topic when no answer is there.
Arjun could not control his laugher and enjoyed the warmth of his Krishnaa's love.